Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Default ***NATIONAL RALLY 11/2/19 POOFA RESPONSE***

This was posted somewhere else, but I can't find it, so I thought I would start an official poofa thread. The owner (former, now Brownell's) of arfcom is organizing a national rally on 11/2/19 at 1300 on the Capitol lawn in Washington, DC.

This thread is to plan/coordinate POOFA's response.

FYI for those going down for the day, check out www.spothero.com and reserve parking now. I was able to find a garage tall enough for my truck for 9 dollars, right near the Capitol.

377 1st Street NW America's Square Garage

Yinz all want to meet at the capitol? I recommend the sidewalk where this pin is.

38.891152,-77.011302

Here's the thread at arfcom,

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...243631/?page=1

And here's the first post there;

Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2Arightsrally/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/2arally/

No speaker announcements just yet, but they are coming!

The goal of this rally is not to focus on the NRA, or any other firearm organization, but to showcase that WE, the supporters of the 2nd Amendment, are the power behind all groups. We are the ones who vote. We are the ones who empower others to represent the larger community of gun owners. We are the backbone of this nation and willing to protect our RIGHTS.

"The Second Amendment protects the Right of The People to keep and bear arms.

That is US. That is YOU. American Gun Owners are the Gun Lobby.

Join together on November 2nd in Washington, DC to Rally for your 2A Rights!"

Our forefathers believed that a nation must be representative of it's people. They worked hard to ensure balance in all systems of government and in our Constitution. There is a reason we have a 1st Amendment. If the government were to silence the voices of Americans, then we would be forced to live without expression, without the ability to speak against the government, without the ability to expose wrong. There is also a reason why the 2nd Amendment exists to protect our rights to arm ourselves. It's about protecting the 1st Amendment against the corruption of the government, which so many countries have had to endure. If the 2nd did not exist, neither would the 1st. Our forefathers owned muskets and cannons, weapons of war, so that if they were called upon to defend this nation against any enemy, foreign or domestic, they could do so. Society has corrupted this simple plan by using fear to swarm masses of ignorant people to their cause. They create terms like "assault weapons" to add to the fear, and they call normal firearms "weapons of war." I doubt many of them have seen a battlefield or have ever had to protect their families in their homes. If they had, they would know that the right to defend yourself and your family are GOD given rights.

It would be great if we lived in a society where we didn't have doors on our homes, but we do. And most of us lock those doors when we leave our homes, or at night. The reason for that is because doors protect us from the unknown and from morally corrupt people who would do us harm. Criminals do not follow the laws of the land. To expect they would not possess firearms is an ignorant thought. Even if we were able to disarm the entire world, we would simply switch to knives and swords and death would continue. So we put up doors on every home and we lock our doors to keep evil out. NOW we need to ensure our right to arm ourselves is not taken away! It's not about one organization fighting so we do not have to, it's about ALL of us fighting to show that WE ARE THE POWER behind all these organizations and that we will not go quietly and watch others take away our RIGHTS!!!!

This is our time. 2020 is an election year. Politicians are looking out at the groups of voters who matter. We have to show up and stop being lazy about letting an organization represent us. We have to show up and represent ourselves. If you make an excuse to not attend, to not fight for your rights, then you deserve to be disarmed. We have been too complacent for too long and allowed others to dictate what rights are worth trading away and what rights are worth fighting for. It was not long ago that these organizations considered us a fringe group and would not defend us. Well if black rifles go, then so will certain handguns, then long rifles, then shotguns, then all guns. We can not sit idle any longer. This is a time to SHOW UP and FIGHT for what we all believe in. This is the plan to show that WE ARE THE POWER behind all firearm organizations. None of them matter compared to the collective power of gun owners! It's time to stand up together or be destroyed apart.

You have the opportunity to be part of this rally. Part of this movement. Part of the defense of our rights which our forefathers FOUGHT AND DIED FOR!!! We owe this to our children and our children's children. If you do not act now, you may never have a chance to act again. This is not a rally for any one organization, it's a rally for US. Sign up and show up!

Adding More Info
    For those who want to get around DC, here's the Rail/Bus information and map!

https://wmata.com/fares/farecard-opt...m#main-content
    $15. one day rail and bus pass

https://wmata.com/schedules/maps/index.cfm#main-content
    Rail map

Printable PDF To Hand Out
    http://2ndamendmentrally.com/2a-rally-flyer.pdf
    Last edited by Justin///M; November 1st, 2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Erie County)

Default Re: ***NATIONAL RALLY 11/2/19 POOFA RESPONSE***

OC, or CC???
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

I am attending, but, I will be in an outage and 11/2 is a day off for me. I will be leaving early in the morning, rally for an hour or two, and then heading home because I have work the next morning.

A long fucking day, but I'm going!

I may head down the night before, but I won't get off work until 6pm so I doubt it.

Anyone else want to go? I can fit 3 comfortably in my truck. 4 if someone don't mind riding bitch in back.

(Wayne County)

Nov 2nd is my anniversary, I’ll be married for 48 years. I guess my wife will have to get over me not being home. Hope they get buses to haul our asses down there. One other question, do we go armed?

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Nov 2nd is my anniversary, I’ll be married for 48 years. I guess my wife will have to get over me not being home. Hope they get buses to haul our asses down there. One other question, do we go armed?
    That's what pisses me off..., a disarmed rally. If we could get a million gun owners, I bet we could march with ARs and there's nothing they could do about it. A boy can dream.

(Lehigh County)

I just registered via the website.

BTW; the other thread was/is here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...2101&p=4062310
    Can something be done with the other thread to avoid two different threads on this rally ?
    Last edited by ett; September 29th, 2019 at 04:56 PM.
    --ET

(Westmoreland County)

I'm in. the same as Justin, I can take 3 more in my truck. 4 if someone rides bitch. JDA, EM, Too Big to fit?
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    I'm in. the same as Justin, I can take 3 more in my truck. 4 if someone rides bitch. JDA, EM, Too Big to fit?
    I'll let you Know ASAP

(Lycoming County)

I'm planning on going. Won't know for sure until a little closer to it. I might get a hotel room if I do.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    That's what pisses me off..., a disarmed rally. If we could get a million gun owners, I bet we could march with ARs and there's nothing they could do about it. A boy can dream.
    Maybe can arm ourselves with look alike toys. May be stupid but it will drive them crazy.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast