Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***NATIONAL RALLY 11/2/19 POOFA RESPONSE***

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Maybe we need tents too?

I already asked about stuff like umbrellas or backpacks getting flagged by the perimeter security, and I was told they were unaware of anything like that that would be prohibited. Looks like I may try to bring a folding camp chair. I can't stand for 4 hours plus (10 minutes per announced speaker).
    Yeah I was thinking that 3 hours of speakers all saying relatively the same thing is going to get boring. I'm probably bringing a chair and I plan on staying for only 2 hours before heading back.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that 3 hours of speakers all saying relatively the same thing is going to get boring. I'm probably bringing a chair and I plan on staying for only 2 hours before heading back.
    Even with organizers saying "thousands" are expected, the center section of the Capitol lawn is a little over 2 acres, and I'd guess will be enough space if every single attendee has a chair. I was there for the 9/12 event (2009). There were a shit ton of people there for that, and while actual crowd-size estimates for that varied wildly, even the low end was a much bigger number than I expect on 11/2.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    And you could always add Print to it.. (this could also double as flare for Emptymag)

I LIKE THAT A LOT !!! It would make for a nice Flag !

(Montgomery County)

Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) Email:

Rally for the 2nd Amendment-November 2nd-Washington DC

Gun owners, rights activists, and lovers of liberty will be gathering on the lawn of the Capitol in Washington DC on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, at 1:00 in the afternoon.

If you live within 200 miles of DC, there is little excuse for missing this critical event, and many people who live much farther away will be doing whatever it takes to be there.

The currently listed speakers are:

Eric Blandford (IV8888)
    Craig Deluz (FPC)
    Dianna Muller (DC Project)
    Jonathan Patton (TGC)
    Mike Sodini (WTTA)
    Chris Cheng (Topshot)
    Joshua Prince (Lawyer)
    Erich Pratt (GOA)
    Kevin Dixie (NOC)
    Kenn Blanchard (Black Man with a Gun)
    Gabby Franco (competitive shooter)
    Cheryl Todd (Gun Freedom Radio)
    Matt Larosiere (Firearms Policy Coalition)
    Maj Toure (Black Guns Matter)
    Rob Pincus (2nd Amendment Organization)
    Jeff Knox (Firearms Coalition)
    Anthony Colandro (Gun For Hire)

http://2ndamendmentrally.com/

This is a grassroots effort, and you are the grassroots. Without the active participation of you and other grassroots activists, this isn’t going to work. At the recent Gun Rights Policy Conference, activist Nicki Stallard characterized the difference between rights activists and gun control extremists, saying that we’re herding cats, while they are stampeding cattle. That’s pretty accurate, though I think sheep or lemmings would be more appropriate in describing anti-rights activists.

WE are the Gun Lobby. We can no longer let someone else do it for us, or say “I gave at the office.” It’s up to You. You must communicate with your elected servants – whether they agree with you or not – and be sure that they know what you expect from them. You must help elect politicians that understand and respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You must be sure that your family, your friends, your coworkers, your church family, your kids’ friends and their parents, all know the importance of the Second Amendment and the fallacy of gun control laws.

You don’t have to be a scholar or an expert, but you do need to do what you can. Politicians don’t actually read your letters and emails, nor do they get detailed notes about your phone calls. The majority of the time, a low-level staffer looks at your correspondence and puts a check-mark in a “For” or “Against” column, which is then relayed to the politician in the form of a report: “362 constituent comments opposing Bill xyz, 48 supporting it.” That’s it. So find a couple of resources you trust to keep you up-to-date on what’s going on in Washington and your state capitol, and when they ask you to take action, take action – every time they ask. And call your elected servants once a week to make sure your check-mark is counted.

Anti-rights extremists think they have the upper hand right now because of the troubles at the NRA and the public’s emotional reaction to the horrific acts of a few murderous lunatics. Those anti-rights extremists are counting on you to shuffle around in circles wringing your hands and wondering what to do.

Even some in our own movement are more concerned about how it might look if only a few rights activists show up at the Capitol on November 2nd. What a self-defeating attitude. They’re not going to attend or encourage others to attend because there might not be enough people in attendance to make a good showing…? Get on-board or get out of the way. Call that defeatist attitude out for what it is.

Still others argue that they won’t attend because the laws of the District insist that they be disarmed, and they refuse to do that. I get that, I truly do. I well know the discomfort of “going naked,” especially in “enemy territory.” If such fears don’t deter Representative Steve Scalise, they shouldn’t deter you.

The core message of the 2nd Amendment Rally, is “We Are the Gun Lobby,” as in “We the People,” and we demand that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights be respected and adhered to. The speakers list is above, and President Trump, Vice President Pence, Representative Scalise, Representative Massie, Senator Paul, and other congressional leaders have been invited, to join with grassroots rights leaders and activists from around the country.

Are you going to be there, or are you going to come up with an excuse?

It all comes down to YOU and what you’re willing to do. Get three buddies and plan a road-trip, or better yet, get six buddies and borrow your wife’s minivan. Or even better, get forty or fifty buddies and charter a bus. Push your groups to be involved, and volunteer to help. You can make all the difference.

This could be the most important Second Amendment event of our lifetime. Only You can ensure that it’s a success. Go to www.2ndAmendmentRally.com to register and get more information.

Together we can shake up Washington and save the republic. Let’s roll.

more info: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/2nd...#axzz62rIxwGJD

Thank you for your continued support!
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

They now have ultra Fudd Hickock 45 speaking. Disappointing.

(Clinton County)

Isn't a 2nd amendment rally without arms is just a 1st amendment rally?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Montgomery County)

They now have ultra Fudd Hickock 45 speaking. Disappointing.
    It's the big tent approach, national rally needs broad appeal across the spectrum.
    Anyone with a large fan base will help swell the crowd.
    I agree with you, but I can understand their thinking.

It would be cool if MrGunsNGear spoke.
    Maybe one of us should reach out to him and anyone else we think would be good to speak there.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    It's the big tent approach, national rally needs broad appeal across the spectrum.
    Anyone with a large fan base will help swell the crowd.
    I agree with you, but I can understand their thinking.

It would be cool if MrGunsNGear spoke.
    Maybe one of us should reach out to him and anyone else we think would be good to speak there.
    Makes sense. I'll use his time to go to the bathroom.

(Allegheny County)

That will be the longest, most relaxingest poop ever.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That will be the longest, most relaxingest poop ever.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast