Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***NATIONAL RALLY 11/2/19 POOFA RESPONSE***

Thank you, but better if I go. I am quick to send heat rounds down range and not good in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I guess I don't understand the mindset of two people, one whom never posted here before, and another who barely posts at all, coming out of the woodwork and shitting on people that want to go to this rally.

It's really strange to me. This B Peterson character is at best contradicting himself, and at worst a liar when he says "I agree and will not attend an event where I can't exercise my rights" while at the same time saying "Where were you at freedom fest, judiciary hearings, state chair fundraiser, all state judicial elections?" because he has most certainly been disarmed at many of those.

In any case, he's a nobody to me and his accusations merely betray his ignorance about who does what around here. He's just another sad and angry Boomer.

No one here cares if anyone else doesn't want to go to this rally or can't for whatever reason. No one here has bemoaned those people yet now, two characters show up to bemoan the people that are going.

Simply, fuck off.

I’ve stayed out of this since I can’t attend this weekend due to health issues but it’s interesting to see these posts only a few days before the rally takes place.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this were not a feeble attempt by antis to use what they perceive as the average gun owners ideology against us in order to down play the event as bogus and wrong to get people confident that staying home is the better option.

I’ve never once spoken of “leftist plants” or any of that bad actor false flag stuff before on this or any other site I’m on, but this sure feels like it to me.

Like Jen G says those “Bloomberg dollars are at work.”
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 29th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I really haven't been paying attention to this thread because I cannot attend. I have decided to help the new user on his way out the door and to restore his words to all their glory.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by B Peterson View Post
    Actually no its not. I see constantly over the years people give their excuses why they can't do something. And some of us continue to go and put in the work. So actually it is right on the money. For the past, I don't remember how many years I am at these events. You ever come up and say hi to me?
    Wear a Poofa hat. I pretty much try to meet anyone I see wearing one. Others do too. Beyond that, I pretty much keep to myself at these things.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I’ve stayed out of this since I can’t attend this weekend due to health issues but it’s interesting to see these posts only a few days before the rally takes place.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this were not a feeble attempt by antis to use what they perceive as the average gun owners ideology against us in order to down play the event as bogus and wrong to get people confident that staying home is the better option.

I’ve never once spoken of “leftist plants” or any of that bad actor false flag stuff before on this or any other site I’m on, but this sure feels like it to me.

Like Jen G says those “Bloomberg dollars are at work.”
    The whole thing seemed senseless and I had the same thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I really haven't been paying attention to this thread because I cannot attend. I have decided to help the new user on his way out the door and to restore his words to all their glory.
    Nice! I knew he had deleted one after I quoted him on it but wasn't aware of the rest.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Apology accepted and thank you for the well wishes. You're welcome to stay and join us in the future. We have fun.

Funny, I can name 90% of the people in those photos, and the ones from Pittsburgh, and the ones from May, and ones from etc. Don't remember ever meeting someone who's introduced himself as this B Peterson character.

Hmmmmmm

In any event, I can't afford to take off work for this one and I can't get any PTO. I've tried every avenue I can. I hope it's a good turnout. I'm fairly bummed I'm gonna miss it, but I'll see you all at the next event.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Funny, I can name 90% of the people in those photos, and the ones from Pittsburgh, and the ones from May, and ones from etc. Don't remember ever meeting someone who's introduced himself as this B Peterson character.

Hmmmmmm

In any event, I can't afford to take off work for this one and I can't get any PTO. I've tried every avenue I can. I hope it's a good turnout. I'm fairly bummed I'm gonna miss it, but I'll see you all at the next event.
    It's only by stroke of luck that I can make it being in the middle of an outage. It's a lot to ask someone to go to DC and understandable when people simply cannot.

I appreciate the effort.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

I'm not going to make this because I'm in a NRA Instructor class. I'm never going to teach a rifle class for money, but it really helps our youth shooting league in their required instructor/kid ratio. In my mind, this is just as important as attending a rally. I'm teaching 8-18 YO kids responsible marksmanship. I've stood next to you guys many times in Harrisburg, and I hope y'all give me a pass on this one. I'll be spending the day doing good.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(York County)

Weather looks decent for a 2 wheel spin. If anyone else is taking a motorcycle, here is a map with dedicated motorcycle spaces. Two lots are within a 1/2 mile walk:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...00947549768318
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I encourage all our LEOSA people to remain armed for this rally.
    That's a good suggestion, and I seriously considered it, until I looked into their gun laws:

• Can't carry in any public transportation vehicle, including the Metro. We're taking the Metro.
    • Can't carry at the public memorials on the National Mall and along the Tidal Basin, and any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law or by a federal agency or entity, including U.S. Capitol buildings and grounds.
    • Within 1,000 feet of a dignitary or high-ranking official of the United States or a state, local or foreign government that is moving under the protection of law enforcement. WTF? How can anyone knowingly comply with that?
    • A demonstration in a public place (within a perimeter of 1,000 feet designated by a law enforcement agency, and notice has been given by signs or an officer’s order) How would I know about an officer's orders, and what if I missed a sign?
    • Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or state law or regulation.
    • A carry limit of 20 rounds. With a 15+1 pistol, that leaves me 4 rounds for a spare mag.

LEOSA is great, but with few exceptions, someone carrying under LEOSA still needs to comply with state and local laws. I don't see how I could navigate their impenetrable thicket of laws to know that I was carrying legally.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast