Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Is it legal to shoot an air rifle on my property?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    It doesn't make a difference what I think. The crimes code doesn't define them as a firearm. There are state laws that regulate them under 6304. Local municipalities can even ban them if they want. Many have ordinances banning the juvenile possession of air guns in public.

Are you saying that if PA would have declared them firearms that incident you described wouldn't have happened? In addition if you were a LEO how is it that you do NOT know that air guns are NOT defined as firearms in PA? It's right in the crimes code.
    I theen he was LEO on Long Island, unless I'm confusing him with someone else.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Just for the record,If a Airgun firearm is used in a crime no matter what the degree the perp is charged with possession of FIREARM.That would also be true for hunting with one without a license NY or otherwise,Now remember I am retired 23 years so be kind,The boat and occupants I saved may have been some of your family !

(Columbia County)

Getting back to the OP question he was asking about air gun legality in PA. It's not going to help him any if you are citing another state's air gun laws.
    In PA if a person commits a crime with a air gun even if it amounts to homicide, the suspect could be charged with homicide and related assault charges, but he or she will not be charged with a firearms violation.

(Berks County)

I just think it's a sad state of affairs when we have to question if we're OK to go plinking out in the back yard with our Daisy 1894.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I just think it's a sad state of affairs when we have to question if we're OK to go plinking out in the back yard with our Daisy 1894.
    Yeah,not sure what the laws were then but back in the late 80's we used to take a few air rifles down to the waterfront on Delaware ave.and shoot the wharf rats that were running around down there.This was long before the shopping centers and the development that is along there now.
    Last edited by Krichardson; September 30th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    So you don't consider Air Firearms a FIREARM ? Well you have never been a LEO as I was and had one pointed in your face by a 15 year old.The damage that can be caused even by a such firearm is not one to be experienced !
    Getting stabbed in the face 50 times can cause a lot of damage. But a knife isn't a firearm.

Air Rifles firearms are considered a FIREARM ! They have been used for small game hunting . Even if I was the distance considered from other homes safe I would be very wary of getting a visit from local PD or PGC . JMO
    Air rifles/bb/pellet guns are not considered firearms in Pa. As a result they do not have preemption status, and like knives can be regulated by municipalities.
    The OP would need to contact their local gov. to see if any prohibitions are in place.

(Luzerne County)

Just for the record,If a Airgun firearm is used in a crime no matter what the degree the perp is charged with possession of FIREARM.That would also be true for hunting with one without a license NY or otherwise,Now remember I am retired 23 years so be kind,The boat and occupants I saved may have been some of your family !
    You need go by the legal definition. pa. Is not NewYork. And if charged with using a air rifle in in a crime as a fire arm could be fought with a good lawyer.

Air rifles do not fall under the ufa and some town's gave banned them.paint guns don't fall under the ufa, aren't a firearm and I wouldn't want to be shot in the face with one.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(York County)

indeed, an Air rifle is NOT a firearm under local or federal law. The ATF does not recognize air rifles as a firearm and as such they are not regulated nor do they fall under any of the laws for a firearm.

(Luzerne County)

Some place do ban them. My understanding bus Scranton is one of those places.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast