Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Does anyone use a polymer ATI Omni lower?

Rural King has these Omni Maxx lowers for $30 and I like the shape of the trigger guard. They appear to have steel reinforcements in some of the critical areas. Anyone use one?

https://www.rkguns.com/ati-omni-hybr...tiglow200.html

Default Re: Does anyone use a polymer ATI Omni lower?

I have a few of the unreinforced ones one thing I recommend is replace the takedown pins with metal ones. If it still comes with the plastic fcg replace it too (they work but the plastic trigger sucks)

(Allegheny County)

I don't have that brand, but I do have a New Frontier polymer lower that I picked up during the panic of 1812.
    I had to file the top where the buffer tube screws in so that charging handle could be pulled back.
    The safety selector doesn't "click" into each position - it just "turns". I dunno if the detent is hanging up in the hole or what, and I don't really care - it works - it's just shitty.

I used it for a 22LR AR build.
    These may not have the same issues and probably don't, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for polymer lowers.

When they cost virtually the same as an aluminum lower, I don't see the attraction.
    Weight savings? Meh - negligible. The single most important part you can shave weight with is the barrel - beyond the weight saved by using a pencil barrel, an ounce here and a quarter ounce there aren't huge weight savings.

I just saw that AIM has Anderson blems for like $32.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't have that brand, but I do have a New Frontier polymer lower that I picked up during the panic of 1812.
    I had to file the top where the buffer tube screws in so that charging handle could be pulled back.
    The safety selector doesn't "click" into each position - it just "turns". I dunno if the detent is hanging up in the hole or what, and I don't really care - it works - it's just shitty.

I used it for a 22LR AR build.
    These may not have the same issues and probably don't, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for polymer lowers.

When they cost virtually the same as an aluminum lower, I don't see the attraction.
    Weight savings? Meh - negligible. The single most important part you can shave weight with is the barrel - beyond the weight saved by using a pencil barrel, an ounce here and a quarter ounce there aren't huge weight savings.

I just saw that AIM has Anderson blems for like $32.
    $32 plus whatever your FFL charges for a transfer. I have an Anderson lower in the safe for when I've got the budget for another build. They're $50 at Rural King so it ends up being about the same as if I ordered one of the $30 lowers but minus the waiting.

I'll put a Seekins or Expo Arms trigger guard on it to get that shape the ATI has and stick with the Anderson for the next build then. Thanks, guys.

(Montgomery County)

I had an ati hybrid. Promptly sold it.

Im not taking the chances of having a plastic firearm, with the laws these rabid dems/libs are trying to pass.

(Northampton County)

I have used and shot them quite a bit. i love the weight savings, I have not had any issues with them, have even cerakoted them with zero issues.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor