Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

Parts gathering continues...….got a $100 gift card for a sporting clays event I was in, and found a barrel at a price that I thought was too good to pass up.....I mean, "even if it would crack, I would just throw it away and buy something else" cheap. CBC Industries has a $99.95 barrel on sale for $59.95. They have free shipping over $100, and since I still need some other stuff, I shopped for some other goodies. They have the SB3 brace in FDE for $98. But there is a 20% off code (SAVE20) that works, so it is like getting the brace for $78. They had a carbine buffer on sale for $27.95 as well, with the discount it was down to $22.

Got the barrel
    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...-62x39-110525/

the FDE SB# Tactical Brace and a buffer tube set up for a total of $184.99, less 20% ($37.00) for a total of $147.99. Deduct the $100 Visa GC and left a balance of $47.99.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    AR15Discounts.com got me again. They had a HALLOWEEN code for 12% off sitewide, even already on sale items, and free shipping over $99......

Added to the parts stash for this build another Aero MOE LPK w/o FCG in black, an Aero nitride .750 low pro gas block and.......an assembled FDE upper w/o FA. Saved $18.22 plus the $5.00 flat rate shipping, invoice for all three just over $132.

I hit the Johnstown Gander Outdoors store to pick up the suppressor I bought over Labor Day and found the store had just gone to 70% off all regular priced items. They had two 7-inch Aero ATLAS R1 handguards left in stock, one was black and one was FDE.....the price was unbeatable. The FDE was regularly 139, it rang up at $38 and the black one regularly $119 rang up at $31. So I am working on parts for two guns it appears. Bought the deal EM posted in the deals thread for the Schuyler Arms Aero assembled upper with no F/A in black and a blem Aero stripped lower from the Aero blem section on their page for $49.95 ($52.95 with tax but free shipping).

On the hunt for an FDE Aero stripped lower and waiting for some barrel deals or deals on some of the other stuff. Need a 7.62x39 BCG; will watch for deals on those as well. Barrel and BCG are the biggest remaining buys, along with the pistol brace.
    Got the Schuyler Arms assembled Aero upper w/no FA...…...they must have been out of stock, because I got a stripped upper with no FA, and an Aero Upper Parts kit with the ejection port cover and forward assist plunger parts. Just a F/A plunger for the parts bin.

(Allegheny County)

New page - needs a pic!

This is very near finished now.
    The only things I want to add or do are:
    - LaRue Tactical 2 Stage trigger
    - Troy Proctor 2-point sling
    - Some sort of micro-sized hand stop
    - Weapon mounted light
    - Paint (Aervoe) the hand guard to match my x39 carbine
    - Paint or otherwise mark the mags for quick identification as x39 mags
    Last edited by Emptymag; November 13th, 2019 at 01:04 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    Parts gathering continues...….got a $100 gift card for a sporting clays event I was in, and found a barrel at a price that I thought was too good to pass up.....I mean, "even if it would crack, I would just throw it away and buy something else" cheap. CBC Industries has a $99.95 barrel on sale for $59.95. They have free shipping over $100, and since I still need some other stuff, I shopped for some other goodies. They have the SB3 brace in FDE for $98. But there is a 20% off code (SAVE20) that works, so it is like getting the brace for $78. They had a carbine buffer on sale for $27.95 as well, with the discount it was down to $22.

Got the barrel
    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...-62x39-110525/

the FDE SB# Tactical Brace and a buffer tube set up for a total of $184.99, less 20% ($37.00) for a total of $147.99. Deduct the $100 Visa GC and left a balance of $47.99.

That place also has an 8.5" 7.62x39 barrel for $59.00.
    I think I'm addicted to 7.62x39 because I have a 5.56 upper waiting to be assembled and I'm looking at this 8.5" barrel, thinking, "Hmmmm... maybe I should buy that barrel and sell the 7" 5.56 barrel I have?

https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...sphate-110522/

The coupon code works too - takes $11.80 off making it $47.20 - even with $8 shipping, that's only $55.20 shipped!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That place also has an 8.5" 7.62x39 barrel for $59.00.
    I think I'm addicted to 7.62x39 because I have a 5.56 upper waiting to be assembled and I'm looking at this 8.5" barrel, thinking, "Hmmmm... maybe I should buy that barrel and sell the 7" 5.56 barrel I have?

https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...sphate-110522/

The coupon code works too - takes $11.80 off making it $47.20 - even with $8 shipping, that's only $55.20 shipped!
    That's an M4 profile too. Mine is a medium contour, just a bit heavier behind the gas block but about the best I could find in stock. The pic of yours shows 300BLK on the barrel, but the review mentions that the pic is incorrect and it is the same profile as the pic but actually in 7.62x39. That is a great price, glad the SAVE20 works. I had to call CBC since I wanted to use that Visa Gift Card I had, and they were super cool and helpful about getting my GC registered and processed. It took a few calls back and forth, but they were super helpful.

(Allegheny County)

NOW LIGHTER THAN EVER!!!

errr... I mean MORE LIGHT THAN EVER!

Crimson Trace CWL-102

(Bucks County)

This is one very nice build!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post
    This is one very nice build!
    Thanks! I love it!
    My x39 carbine was my favorite, but this pistol may take the title.

All that's left to do is add a sling and in the spring when my income picks up I want to get a LaRue Tactical MBS 2 stage trigger.

And paint - I want it to look similar to my x39 carbine so my x39 guns are instantly identified as such, rather than looking like every other black 5.56.

(Bucks County)

How long have you been chipping away on this project? I’m just in beginning stages of parts collection. I’m having a tough time with staying focused on this build so it seems like forever already. Lol
    This one certainly motivates me, every time you update these threads.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post
    How long have you been chipping away on this project? I’m just in beginning stages of parts collection. I’m having a tough time with staying focused on this build so it seems like forever already. Lol
    This one certainly motivates me, every time you update these threads.

I started a thread (see link) in Feb 2019 pondering what I needed to do a x39 pistol.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=344627

I guess it took about 9 months from when I made up my mind to do it. A little faster than I had intended, but that's due to being hooked up with a barrel, and a finding a few great deals on parts that I acted on rather than paying more for them later.
    I got really good deals on the brace, the ATLAS handguard, and the magwell grip. The BCG was on sale, and I already had a LPK and buffer tube/buffer and such lying around in a box. The optic was obtained via trade, so I didn't have to put out money for that.

The thing I love about AR15s is that you can grow them easily enough.
    Just buy ANY part, toss it in a box, and soon there will be more parts in the box, then more, until there's enough to assemble a gun.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast