Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    I never finished the checkout process, it always displayed "Flat Rate" for shipping costs, so I just figured it was gonna be a $5 or so shipping cost.
    I need to order a few C Products mags as well. I have been to a couple of shows, but no one seems to have them in stock.

(Allegheny County)

I need to order a few C Products mags as well. I have been to a couple of shows, but no one seems to have them in stock.
    Most places don't stock them because people want low prices. C-Product mags cost more than ASC, so most carry ASC.
    I've never once seen anyone say that they needed to modify a C-Products mag, but I routinely see it said about ASC.
    Buy cheap for the range, but otherwise, buy C-Products.

AIM is probably your best bet unless someone has a sale on them out of the blue.
    aimsurplus.com/magazines/ar-magazines

Their prices are as good as any other for the most part, and shipping is free over $49

It's rare that they have all sizes available at one time, but right now it's pretty good.
    Their 30s are priced high, but their 28 and 20 are good prices - you can't find 20 rounders for less. I've tried.
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 17th, 2019 at 02:36 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Geez, ordered the bcg on 12/3. It was finally delivered today. Delta Team Tactical, $9.95 flat rate shipping, they must send it around the world twice for that cost and length of time. 14 freaking days to ship a bcg in a padded envelope. Not making Santa’s Nice list.

(Westmoreland County)

Making all kinds of progress on my little EM tribute Commie Caliber AR Pistol. Lower is complete. Just need to snug up and stake the end plate. Upper is mostly complete as well. There are just some touches of black that break up the monochromatic FDE scheme. Left the ejection port cover black, the krink blast deflector is black, and with the brace strap black as well, there are just enough black accents that I think it looks awesome. I picked up a 10 round mag and will be ordering a couple of 28 rounders as well.

I went with a CMC single stage 3 5 lb drop in trigger with a straight face instead of the LaRue 2-stage, but this build has really gotten me kind of trigger happy to try a few others out too.

Tried to stay as faithful to EM's original build sheet/parts list, but had to change a few items due to availability and some deals on prices. I just wanted to build the same 7.62x39 that he had at the group shoot, but in the parts gathering frenzy ended up with 3 AeroPrecision lowers, 2 Aero uppers with no forward assist, 4(!!!) Handguards from 7 to 12 to 15 inch in black and FDE; a couple of lpk's that I ended up using pins and springs from, a couple of extra grips and FA's, etc. Have castle nuts and end plates and Magpul flip up sights, etc. Just really need another barrel and trigger and I could probably finish a second one, or get really close.

Pictures to follow this week once I can go/no go a cartridge and function test it. :-)

Need to dig out the sling my buddy gave me from his tour in Afghanistan for it, and find a FDE optic for it and we'll be all done.

BTW, my 10 round mag is ASC, but in the back of the bag it was printed that it was manufactured by C Products Defense.
    Last edited by VooDoo1VooDoo1; January 19th, 2020 at 01:19 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Making all kinds of progress on my little EM tribute Commie Caliber AR Pistol. Lower is complete. Just need to snug up and stake the end plate. Upper is mostly complete as well. There are just some touches of black that break up the monochromatic FDE scheme. Left the ejection port cover black, the krink blast deflector is black, and with the brace strap black as well, there are just enough black accents that I think it looks awesome. I picked up a 10 round mag and will be ordering a couple of 28 rounders as well.

I went with a CMC single stage 3 5 lb drop in trigger with a straight face instead of the LaRue 2-stage, but this build has really gotten me kind of trigger happy to try a few others out too.

Tried to stay as faithful to EM's original build sheet/parts list, but had to change a few items due to availability and some deals on prices. I just wanted to build the same 7.62x39 that he had at the group shoot, but in the parts gathering frenzy ended up with 3 AeroPrecision lowers, 2 Aero uppers with no forward assist, 4(!!!) Handguards from 7 to 12 to 15 inch in black and FDE; a couple of lpk's that I ended up using pins and springs from, a couple of extra grips and FA's, etc. Have castle nuts and end plates and Magpul flip up sights, etc. Just really need another barrel and trigger and I could probably finish a second one, or get really close.

Pictures to follow this week once I can go/no go a cartridge and function test it. :-)

Need to dig out the sling my buddy gave me from his tour in Afghanistan for it, and find a FDE optic for it and we'll be all done.

BTW, my 10 round mag is ASC, but in the back of the bag it was printed that it was manufactured by C Products Defense.

Can't wait to see it. Although I don't really like FDE, I'll bet it's going to look nice as described.
    Funny. I have a FDE red dot and I'm probably going to paint it because I don't like the color and it won't even remotely coordinate with the color I'm painting the gun.

I'm off to research that bit about the mags - unless C-Products bought them out, it does not compute.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Pretty close to finished.
    Added a Frank Proctor sling in marpat brown.
    These are great slings that offer a quick slide adjustment and negate the need for buying expensive mounting attachments by using paracord to attach wherever you want. And the sling itself is not expensive. The current models use nicer webbing than my original.
    I think they are ideal for pistols because they function like larger, tactical 2 point slings, without the bulk.

(Allegheny County)

I also installed a hand stop. I picked up a SIG TREAD kit that includes two sizes of stops, and a barricade stop, as well as various rail cover segments. I've gotten a lot of use from the kit on assorted guns.
    On this pistol I used the smallest of the two hand stops. Realistically, I didn't "need" one to stop my hand from going too far forward since the flashlight mount prevents the hand from moving into the danger zone, but I added this anyway. It's more of an indexing point, but depending on how I grip it, I can use it for leverage to "pull back" a little.

This is the full SIG kit...

Last edited by Emptymag; January 19th, 2020 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo

(Lehigh County)

Lightbulb Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

Try J&G No 27rd but 20,30,5 round

https://www.jgsales.com/asc-ar-15-7.....-p-69963.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post

It's so tempting to save two or three dollars per mag by using ASC, but I'll stick with the proven C Products Defense (now Duramag) because they work. Period.
    I've yet to see anything regarding them needing modified/filed down/fiddled with to get them to run reliably. The same can not be said for ASC mags.

ETA:
    That's because they cost more (than ASC) and people going to gun shows are the cheapest motherfuckers on the planet.
    Not to mention that if a CPD mag costs $17 ONLINE, it's going to cost $22 at a gun show. LOL
    Last edited by Emptymag; January 19th, 2020 at 03:52 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I was unable to mount the hand stop on the bottom because there wasn't enough room to clear the gas block. The disadvantage of a super-slim hand guard.
    It worked out fine to put it on the side though. As mentioned before, it's more of an indexing point than anything.
    When I grip the hand guard, the hand stop keeps me right where it works best for reaching the flashlight with my thumb.

And if I grip it with one finger in front of the hand stop, it gives something to "pull back" on...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast