Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    2749355

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    Parts gathering continues...….got a $100 gift card for a sporting clays event I was in, and found a barrel at a price that I thought was too good to pass up.....I mean, "even if it would crack, I would just throw it away and buy something else" cheap. CBC Industries has a $99.95 barrel on sale for $59.95. They have free shipping over $100, and since I still need some other stuff, I shopped for some other goodies. They have the SB3 brace in FDE for $98. But there is a 20% off code (SAVE20) that works, so it is like getting the brace for $78. They had a carbine buffer on sale for $27.95 as well, with the discount it was down to $22.

    Got the barrel
    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...-62x39-110525/

    the FDE SB# Tactical Brace and a buffer tube set up for a total of $184.99, less 20% ($37.00) for a total of $147.99. Deduct the $100 Visa GC and left a balance of $47.99.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    2749355

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    AR15Discounts.com got me again. They had a HALLOWEEN code for 12% off sitewide, even already on sale items, and free shipping over $99......

    Added to the parts stash for this build another Aero MOE LPK w/o FCG in black, an Aero nitride .750 low pro gas block and.......an assembled FDE upper w/o FA. Saved $18.22 plus the $5.00 flat rate shipping, invoice for all three just over $132.

    I hit the Johnstown Gander Outdoors store to pick up the suppressor I bought over Labor Day and found the store had just gone to 70% off all regular priced items. They had two 7-inch Aero ATLAS R1 handguards left in stock, one was black and one was FDE.....the price was unbeatable. The FDE was regularly 139, it rang up at $38 and the black one regularly $119 rang up at $31. So I am working on parts for two guns it appears. Bought the deal EM posted in the deals thread for the Schuyler Arms Aero assembled upper with no F/A in black and a blem Aero stripped lower from the Aero blem section on their page for $49.95 ($52.95 with tax but free shipping).

    On the hunt for an FDE Aero stripped lower and waiting for some barrel deals or deals on some of the other stuff. Need a 7.62x39 BCG; will watch for deals on those as well. Barrel and BCG are the biggest remaining buys, along with the pistol brace.
    Got the Schuyler Arms assembled Aero upper w/no FA...…...they must have been out of stock, because I got a stripped upper with no FA, and an Aero Upper Parts kit with the ejection port cover and forward assist plunger parts. Just a F/A plunger for the parts bin.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,297
    Rep Power
    21474875

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    New page - needs a pic!



    This is very near finished now.
    The only things I want to add or do are:
    - LaRue Tactical 2 Stage trigger
    - Troy Proctor 2-point sling
    - Some sort of micro-sized hand stop
    - Weapon mounted light
    - Paint (Aervoe) the hand guard to match my x39 carbine
    - Paint or otherwise mark the mags for quick identification as x39 mags
    Last edited by Emptymag; November 13th, 2019 at 01:04 AM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,297
    Rep Power
    21474875

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    Parts gathering continues...….got a $100 gift card for a sporting clays event I was in, and found a barrel at a price that I thought was too good to pass up.....I mean, "even if it would crack, I would just throw it away and buy something else" cheap. CBC Industries has a $99.95 barrel on sale for $59.95. They have free shipping over $100, and since I still need some other stuff, I shopped for some other goodies. They have the SB3 brace in FDE for $98. But there is a 20% off code (SAVE20) that works, so it is like getting the brace for $78. They had a carbine buffer on sale for $27.95 as well, with the discount it was down to $22.

    Got the barrel
    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...-62x39-110525/

    the FDE SB# Tactical Brace and a buffer tube set up for a total of $184.99, less 20% ($37.00) for a total of $147.99. Deduct the $100 Visa GC and left a balance of $47.99.

    That place also has an 8.5" 7.62x39 barrel for $59.00.
    I think I'm addicted to 7.62x39 because I have a 5.56 upper waiting to be assembled and I'm looking at this 8.5" barrel, thinking, "Hmmmm... maybe I should buy that barrel and sell the 7" 5.56 barrel I have?

    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...sphate-110522/

    The coupon code works too - takes $11.80 off making it $47.20 - even with $8 shipping, that's only $55.20 shipped!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    2749355

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That place also has an 8.5" 7.62x39 barrel for $59.00.
    I think I'm addicted to 7.62x39 because I have a 5.56 upper waiting to be assembled and I'm looking at this 8.5" barrel, thinking, "Hmmmm... maybe I should buy that barrel and sell the 7" 5.56 barrel I have?

    https://www.cbcindustries.com/produc...sphate-110522/

    The coupon code works too - takes $11.80 off making it $47.20 - even with $8 shipping, that's only $55.20 shipped!
    That's an M4 profile too. Mine is a medium contour, just a bit heavier behind the gas block but about the best I could find in stock. The pic of yours shows 300BLK on the barrel, but the review mentions that the pic is incorrect and it is the same profile as the pic but actually in 7.62x39. That is a great price, glad the SAVE20 works. I had to call CBC since I wanted to use that Visa Gift Card I had, and they were super cool and helpful about getting my GC registered and processed. It took a few calls back and forth, but they were super helpful.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,297
    Rep Power
    21474875

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    NOW LIGHTER THAN EVER!!!





    errr... I mean MORE LIGHT THAN EVER!

    Crimson Trace CWL-102








  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Warminster, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    2980996

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    This is one very nice build!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,297
    Rep Power
    21474875

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post
    This is one very nice build!
    Thanks! I love it!
    My x39 carbine was my favorite, but this pistol may take the title.

    All that's left to do is add a sling and in the spring when my income picks up I want to get a LaRue Tactical MBS 2 stage trigger.

    And paint - I want it to look similar to my x39 carbine so my x39 guns are instantly identified as such, rather than looking like every other black 5.56.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Warminster, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    2980996

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    How long have you been chipping away on this project? I’m just in beginning stages of parts collection. I’m having a tough time with staying focused on this build so it seems like forever already. Lol
    This one certainly motivates me, every time you update these threads.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    26,297
    Rep Power
    21474875

    Default Re: Commie Caliber AR15 Pistol Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post
    How long have you been chipping away on this project? I’m just in beginning stages of parts collection. I’m having a tough time with staying focused on this build so it seems like forever already. Lol
    This one certainly motivates me, every time you update these threads.

    I started a thread (see link) in Feb 2019 pondering what I needed to do a x39 pistol.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=344627

    I guess it took about 9 months from when I made up my mind to do it. A little faster than I had intended, but that's due to being hooked up with a barrel, and a finding a few great deals on parts that I acted on rather than paying more for them later.
    I got really good deals on the brace, the ATLAS handguard, and the magwell grip. The BCG was on sale, and I already had a LPK and buffer tube/buffer and such lying around in a box. The optic was obtained via trade, so I didn't have to put out money for that.

    The thing I love about AR15s is that you can grow them easily enough.
    Just buy ANY part, toss it in a box, and soon there will be more parts in the box, then more, until there's enough to assemble a gun.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another Gun in a Box - AR15 Pistol Build
    By Emptymag in forum Gun Pictures
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: June 9th, 2019, 10:34 PM
  2. Ar15. Pistol build questions.
    By Code13 in forum Pistols
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 11th, 2015, 08:42 AM
  3. Help with ar15 pistol build.
    By Connal in forum Pistols
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 18th, 2014, 05:14 PM
  4. Finalized my AR15 pistol build with upgrades
    By mythaeus in forum Gun Pictures
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: March 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops