Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Florida Abusing Red Flag Law over 2,500

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    Video said 75% weren't justified. That's way too many.

I don't like red flags at all, but I think that while the "laws" are on the books, they at least need to have accountability attached. Meaning, if someone calls in the red flag, they'll be held responsible for any outcomes. Including any deaths or injuries.

But since Dims led the way on this, they of course don't have a clue what accountability is.
    I guess what om getting at is if we are going to use a stat in what we call abuse we should atleast subtract that 25% or whatever it is. My other question is how many were gun owners, and how does this compare to PA use of pfa to seize guns ( yes Pa may not take them on a temporary pfa until they have a 5min hearing on making it permanent)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I guess what om getting at is if we are going to use a stat in what we call abuse we should atleast subtract that 25% or whatever it is. My other question is how many were gun owners, and how does this compare to PA use of pfa to seize guns ( yes Pa may not take them on a temporary pfa until they have a 5min hearing on making it permanent)
    We also need to know how many seizures in Florida were permanent. Cops tend to take all guns and ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Interesting, the largest populated county had only 127 issued, but the 2nd largest county, just north of Dade, Broward County had 327 issued.
    There are certainly "bad" pockets and it's good to know before you go through. I figure Broward had so many because they were making up for their errors/omissions which got all this crap started.

Anyone know where the stats came from? I'd like to check some other counties near me.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Chester County)

This should be a lesson I learned in the Navy. Don't keep all your stuff in one sock.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This should be a lesson I learned in the Navy. Don't keep all your stuff in one sock.
    They would load it with coins and used as a black jack.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    Video said 75% weren't justified. That's way too many.

I don't like red flags at all, but I think that while the "laws" are on the books, they at least need to have accountability attached. Meaning, if someone calls in the red flag, they'll be held responsible for any outcomes. Including any deaths or injuries.

But since Dims led the way on this, they of course don't have a clue what accountability is.

Yeah but folks had to pay an attorney to get them back.

Wonder how many are going to just say "Cheaper to let them go than to pay a lawyer". Just will "justify" more of this crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12