Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Joshua Prince

(Cumberland County)

Default Joshua Prince

For years, I have carried around with me Joshua Prince's Firearms Industry Consulting Group business card in case I ever had any 2A issues. My wife also has his contact information in case something happens to me. I had a friend have some trouble with trying to purchase a pistol and he was denied because he had a misdemeanor in his history (another story). Anyway, I passed Mr. Prince's contact info along to him for counsel because he is going to be charged. When he called the main number, a lady said that he isn't a criminal attorney and tried to pass him off to another attorney? What's going on here? Should I be relying on this if I ever find a need, or have another contact in my Rolodex for emergencies?

Thanks-
    NRA Patron, GOA, 2nd AF ; Army 31B ; Most importantly-All of life for Christ <><

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Joshua Prince

Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post
    For years, I have carried around with me Joshua Prince's Firearms Industry Consulting Group business card in case I ever had any 2A issues. My wife also has his contact information in case something happens to me. I had a friend have some trouble with trying to purchase a pistol and he was denied because he had a misdemeanor in his history (another story). Anyway, I passed Mr. Prince's contact info along to him for counsel because he is going to be charged. When he called the main number, a lady said that he isn't a criminal attorney and tried to pass him off to another attorney? What's going on here? Should I be relying on this if I ever find a need, or have another contact in my Rolodex for emergencies?

Thanks-
    No idea. But you could try contacting Phil Kline who is another legal beagle member here under the name GunLawyer001 i believe it is.

I carry Phil's # in my wallet.

Perhaps Josh handles challenges to PA law violations only, big ones like challenging preemption violations and getting bad laws deemed unconstitutional? He is an outstanding attorney, if not tbe best, for our 2A community.

I have a local 2A-fluent attorney who I trust, have done concealed carry seminars with, but he's about to win a Judge position in November's election.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

The PSP refers most of their denials for possible prosecution, and the key thing is to act like a defendant, not an innocent person who just wants the police to understand that he's a nice guy. Protect yourself, but be polite.

Generally, when the police call you about a possible crime that you may have committed (in this case, knowingly lying on a form and to the FFL), what they're looking for is for you to further incriminate yourself. You already provided proof of identity, you signed the form, they have your name and address. They can make a prima facie case already, with the form and the docket entries. They just need to nail down the KNOWINGLY FALSE statement part. So they call, they ask if you recall that time that you pled out to a misdemeanor, and if you say yes, then they're good to go to court against you.

Cops are mostly not bad guys, they're doing a job, and the job requires them to pretend that criminal defendants knew what happened in court. Truth is, most of what happened is a blur, "show up on Tuesday next week" "sign this form" "take this plea and you won't do any time"; what people care about is "will I go to jail?" and "how much will this cost?" But the law pretends that every defendant knows the difference between an M1 and an M3, when in fact people mostly don't know the difference between probation and ARD.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

To condense what I think Phil just said...

If you think you may have something on your record...contact an attorney and have them look at your record BEFORE you go purchase a gun and the FFL runs the check!

Getting it fixed vs. getting nailed for trying to buy as a prohibited person...two completely different roads but you'll need to spend some money either way. I'd bet getting it checked and/or fixed is the cheaper and preferable route ion the long run.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    To condense what I think Phil just said...

If you think you may have something on your record...contact an attorney and have them look at your record BEFORE you go purchase a gun and the FFL runs the check!

Getting it fixed vs. getting nailed for trying to buy as a prohibited person...two completely different roads but you'll need to spend some money either way. I'd bet getting it checked and/or fixed is the cheaper and preferable route ion the long run.
    Yeah, I forgot to drum up business while giving out free tips . . .

It's much cheaper to figure it all out ahead of time, which is why we charge for an hour to spend an hour going through the various possible land mines, we call it "due diligence". That way, you can assert "reasonable reliance on the advice of counsel" if we somehow screw up and tell you to give it a try; hasn't happened yet, but we're all human. Plenty of the errors made on the 4473 are because of a lack of understanding of the law, especially if drugs or a DUI are involved.

In all the due diligence sessions we've had, not one person has been denied if I said they were clear. Those who are prohibited, often will have some path to getting clear, and we discuss that too.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Generally, when the police call you about a possible crime that you may have committed (in this case, knowingly lying on a form and to the FFL), what they're looking for is for you to further incriminate yourself.
    Wiki: "Miranda Warning, also known as being 'Mirandized,' is clear and direct: “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Cops are mostly not bad guys, they're doing a job
    And most mobsters are characterized as good 'family men'. They're just in a bad business.

Really, I don't understand what part of WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU is not understood

It's a given! No matter what you might think about police being decent folks, in general, their job requirements compel them to treat everyone as a criminal and looking for a way to 'nab' you. There are policemen who do not adhere to this attitude, but they appear to be in the significant minority based on most stories that are told. (Maybe people just don't tell the good stories enough.)

No matter the actuality of police 'goodness', DO NOT IGNORE THE MIRANDA WARNING!!! You'll likely pay if you do.

Protect yourself, but be polite.
    This is the take away!!!