Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: question about your ffl and transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    Check it out first. They dont even open the package until i get there.
    Same. I get the first look at it and when satisfied we start the paper work. Never had to send anything back yet.

Interesting, I will ask him about his procedure the next time I get a gun. Once I realized the procedure it did bother me a bit. Like I said I like my ffl a lot. I'm always in and out fast with no problems and good conversation. But i do wonder about the procedure here.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I make my buyers look first. Mistakes happen and less work if I have you check it first. Buyer is on the hook to fix any issues with who they got it from if there is any but yea it's common sense to me. Unless the buyer is a Dbag I expect to make the transfer then the issue is sorted out.

Then I charge them $800 from Buds at 1730 on a Sat surcharge +PICS and looking at me funny surcharge.
    Why would anyone go through with the transfer if there is an obvious issue with the firearm? That entirely negates the point of looking over the firearm before completing the transfer.

I would offer to compensate you to re-ship to sender, but I'm not competing the transfer just so it's out of your hair.

If you argue that it's between me and the seller, well, I wish that were true. Unfortunately, the government has seen fit to inject you as an intermediary. If you have no issue with being that mandated middle man when its just a little light pencil whipping, then youre going to have to embrace the suck when there is an issue.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Why would anyone go through with the transfer if there is an obvious issue with the firearm? That entirely negates the point of looking over the firearm before completing the transfer.

I would offer to compensate you to re-ship to sender, but I'm not competing the transfer just so it's out of your hair.

If you argue that it's between me and the seller, well, I wish that were true. Unfortunately, the government has seen fit to inject you as an intermediary. If you have no issue with being that mandated middle man when its just a little light pencil whipping, then youre going to have to embrace the suck when there is an issue.
    I don't know? I have to open it to log it in and will make sure nothing is glaring wrong. Kind of hard with used but still, yea someone is covering the shipping back, you or the seller might send a RTN label. Long as I don't have it sitting for weeks or months. *knock on wood* So far my buyers knew what they were doing and ordered and got what they wanted.
    Only fucked up guns I got were from ones I rescued from the NYPD. They threw 5 handguns in a box no wrap but a paper envelopes . See a stainless gold cup get beat up by 2 black powders was a shame.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

If they didn't let me look at it first, I'd be Bitchin up a storm on here about them.

(Bucks County)

My guess....if there is something wrong with the gun, and it is officially "in your name", you'll be instructed to ship it to the manufacturer for appropriate adjustment...on your dime.

Geezus...if you can like this FFL very much, you could probably even like me.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    My guess....if there is something wrong with the gun, and it is officially "in your name", you'll be instructed to ship it to the manufacturer for appropriate adjustment...on your dime.

Geezus...if you can like this FFL very much, you could probably even like me.
    lol...... He has a good reputation on here and is highly recommended by many. I have recommended him many times including in another thread today. Until I ask him I will not know the why for the way he does this. The next time I go I will ask to see the gun first just for my own peace of mind. hmmmm sound like a reason to order a gun.

(Centre County)

I'm a FFL and when I receive a firearm in for a transfer I open the box to insure the serial number on the gun matches the serial number on them paperwork (knock on wood I have not yet received one that didn't match). I then box it back up and let the buyer know it's here and we set up the transfer time. When the buyer arrives, I open the box and tell him to make sure everything is correct and to make sure that is the gun he ordered. When he is satisfied then we do the paperwork.

I had one that there was an issue with. The buyer is a CZ collector and my go to guy when I have any questions about the old models. He bought one from Gunbroker and when it arrived he looked it over VERY closely because it was supposed to be a very rare model. It was not as advertised and the buyer actually called the seller right then (a gun dealer) and they got it worked out. The 4473 and SP4-113 did not get filled out and I annotated in my A/D book that it was returned to the sender. I shipped it back (after I got paid to do the shipping) and the buyer got his money and the return shipping costs reimbursed.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Always look over the firearm first. I figured this SOP everywhere.

On my last purchase something was wrong. I did not get the new style charging handle on my DDM4v7. However I still went through with the transfer. I heard enough about DD customer service that I was 99% sure they would just send me one if I called, and they did.

If it had been damage or someone that could not have easily been swapped out I would have refused the transfer and had the FFL send it back to the dealer/manufacture.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

This is a major reason FFLs will not accept from non-FFLs or private sellers. When dealing with FFLs , there is recourse. Like getting BATFE involved. (last resort!)

When dealing with a private citizen , no.

It still has potential to be a big pain in the ass.

If a gun comes in for transfer , it's yours! You bought and paid for it , so any problems with it are YOUR problem. Between you and the seller. Settle it between yerselves! I'm not getting involved for a measly $25-50! If you're unhappy and don't fill out the paperwork , you just don't get to take it with you. After 30 days , it's MINE!

Expect to pay to have it shipped back. I think $100 is fair. An FFL can ship it back to the sending FFL without much hassle as they should have received a copy of their license. They cannot ship it back to a non-FFL.

Come to think about it , as a FFL , I would have a statement outlining the above conditions for on-line buyers to sign before I agreed to receive anything.
    Last edited by abner13; September 26th, 2019 at 04:21 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast