Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Targetmaster let me down

The first gun I ever bought was on-line. I had it delivered to Targetmaster and they charged me $50 for the transfer. Even then I knew that was excessive.

I should have researched it first so my fault. I don’t badmouth them but do tell the story to others as a warning. I do occasionally stop in to look at guns.

But the big thing is I have only spent money for small purchases at the store twice in all the years since then. It left a really bad taste in my mouth and has literally cost them thousands of dollars of my money and has probably saved me a lot of money in the long run.

On the positive side...... when I got the first gun a conversation I had with the employee led to me joining my gun club which I love to this day so there was that.

Edit to add:

Btw.... there are plenty of out of the basement businesses with better prices. I have always had good experiences with the Thin Blue Line in Broomall near the Home Depot. $30 for a transfer.

http://www.thethinbluelinefirearms.com/
    Last edited by internet troll; September 26th, 2019 at 08:47 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Sounds like a classic bait and switch move was pulled.I hope you complained about it to the store manager/owner...I would have and I would have told them how betrayed I felt for my years of loyalty despite their high ass prices and I would conclude by informing them that they have lost a longtime customer.
    What's this big box store bullshit?
    ROLF. I'm guessing you've never been in TM. Complaining to "management" there will get your ass chewed.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

There's a scum bag dealer in Pittsburgh who did the same thing to me many years ago and I've never been back. Way too many good shops and kitchen table FFLs out there to get screwed like that. If I lived by Targetmaster, I'd flip 'em off every time I drove past on the way to a better dealer.

(Monroe County)

At that rate it would of been cheaper to drive up to me.

You should of really posted it here- http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20

but yea this needed to be on a main section
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

In that area go a little out of your way to Tanner's first off the pricing is good it's not always the best but it's well within reason and for me I'm willing to spend a little more ( not an arm and a leg more) to support a local shop ....within reason. Also they are good people who take care of their customers. It may seem like a bit of a drive from the Chaddsford area but figure I drive from Lancaster county to buy stuff from them. Most likely they can get you in the neighborhood of what you want to pay for a firearm you can get online.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ROLF. I'm guessing you've never been in TM. Complaining to "management" there will get your ass chewed.
    Eh nope,I've never been to TM and never going to LOL! getting an ass chewed out can go both ways.....fuck em!
    Last edited by Krichardson; September 26th, 2019 at 08:20 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Dauphin County)

You guys are aware there are sites that let you quickly research ffl fees in your area, right?

https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

I've never heard of the store in this thread, but $50 is a ripoff and $80 is insane. I'd never return.

The guy I use charges $20 for the first transfer and $10 per additional transfer on the same visit. He operates out of his basement by appointment only, which makes it very quick to do your transfer since you're not waiting for a clerk. I found him on the site above and use him exclusively for transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by JackEdward View Post
    I probably will never go back there again.
    .................................."probably will never go back?"
    Probably?
    PROBABLY??

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Norsaq View Post
    The guy I use charges $20 for the first transfer and $10 per additional transfer on the same visit. He operates out of his basement by appointment only, which makes it very quick to do your transfer since you're not waiting for a clerk. I found him on the site above and use him exclusively for transfers.
    ....as outrageous as fifty bucks sounds quite a few shops in Philly charge around that price and no way will I go for that.Thankfully I have a go to place for online pucrchases/transfers that charges a decent fee and is not too far from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    .................................."probably will never go back?"
    Probably?
    PROBABLY??
    Yeah,really.
    Last edited by Krichardson; September 26th, 2019 at 09:16 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

South Western Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I used to patronize TM in the mid 90's. During one visit I overheard the owner demeaning and berating a customer over prices. Gave me the impression he was a miserable SOB. Haven't been back since.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast