Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Targetmaster let me down

Shoulda asked TM their OTD price for the same gun.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Anybody know of any reasonably prices places in Chester County for an xfer when ordering outside of that business?

Camerons in Oxford is $40
    Don Eastburn in West Chester is $35
    Posted above - https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

Don Eastburn's price is fairly reasonable and he's a standup guy. There are a handful of FFLs in Chester County that are cheaper. Can't vouch for any of them, however.

(Bucks County)

The 4473 form can be brought up online, filled out and printed, reducing the time load on the FFL who is involved in the transfer to you. Might offer to do that as a point in negotiating a lowering of fee. The ROS is numbered and is only available to the FFL.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I paid 80.00 at suburban armory for my spas12, but I agreed to it. The guy I bought
    it from said it was illegal to ship to me (pa residents both of us) his gun store buddy told him.
    So after a month of BS I called them and they said 80bucks I said DO IT!
    I wont do it again though.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Anybody know of any reasonably prices places in Chester County for an xfer when ordering outside of that business?

Camerons in Oxford is $40
    Don Eastburn in West Chester is $35
    I've used Gordon's in Chester Springs many times for purchases from GunBroker and online stores. They're great to work with and always have a nice selection of used guns they'll let you fondle so more than once I've gone in to pick up one gun, and ended up leaving with two or more. I see the GunBroker site says they charge $40 so maybe their price has gone up, but I've never been charged more than $30 regardless of where the gun originated.

The only time I've been to Targetmaster was when I went there to meet a fellow PAFOA member in the parking lot to buy some ammunition, and planned to go in and try out the range. I was early so I went inside to check out the place when got a text message from the seller letting me know he was about 10 minutes away. I was replying to the message to let him know I was inside when I heard someone yell "no phones allowed in the store!" I looked up and saw a grey haired man behind the counter talking with a man who was on his phone, so I assumed that's who he was yelling at. I was about to finish my text when he yelled again, "didn't you hear me? No phones in here. Read the damn sign on the door!" I looked at him, looked at the guy he was talking to who was still on the phone, and told him I was just letting someone that I'm meeting here know that I'm inside. He told me to go outside if I wanted to use my phone, so I did. The seller arrived, we proceeded with the transaction, but rather than go back in and give them my money to use the range, I just went home. I've never been back, nor will I ever go back.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

I don't think it's petty to ban a shop for life from your patronage. I'll never go back to Clayton's near the old Willow Grove air base, because of a bait & switch they pulled on me over 20 years ago. Maybe when the fat man dies and the place changes ownership. But I don't reward crooks.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I've used Gordon's in Chester Springs many times for purchases from GunBroker and online stores. They're great to work with and always have a nice selection of used guns they'll let you fondle so more than once I've gone in to pick up one gun, and ended up leaving with two or more. I see the GunBroker site says they charge $40 so maybe their price has gone up, but I've never been charged more than $30 regardless of where the gun originated.

The only time I've been to Targetmaster was when I went there to meet a fellow PAFOA member in the parking lot to buy some ammunition, and planned to go in and try out the range. I was early so I went inside to check out the place when got a text message from the seller letting me know he was about 10 minutes away. I was replying to the message to let him know I was inside when I heard someone yell "no phones allowed in the store!" I looked up and saw a grey haired man behind the counter talking with a man who was on his phone, so I assumed that's who he was yelling at. I was about to finish my text when he yelled again, "didn't you hear me? No phones in here. Read the damn sign on the door!" I looked at him, looked at the guy he was talking to who was still on the phone, and told him I was just letting someone that I'm meeting here know that I'm inside. He told me to go outside if I wanted to use my phone, so I did. The seller arrived, we proceeded with the transaction, but rather than go back in and give them my money to use the range, I just went home. I've never been back, nor will I ever go back.
    Incredible that people continue to go there and put up with being treated poorly.Great shops have gone out of business and closed down yet these cretins have thrived and survived.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Yeah TM had bad vibes the first and only time I went there. Never saw a reason to go back when tanners is a much better shop, and classic pistol a much better range.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Chester County)

Check out Larry Bickings in Landenberg. He’s only 15-20 minutes from Target Master and does transfers for $30 out of his house. He has a full time job so you just have to make an appointment with him when your gun arrives.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JackEdward View Post
    Hey guys,

Short version: Loyal TM customer. Never purchased a firearm online before. Went to the store to inquire about process and was told $50 fee and that was it. When gun arrived, after doing the paperwork, I was charged $80 because I ordered from a “big box store” even though I told them before hand the store it was coming from and never told about this absurd rule. Feel totally ripped off and misled.

Haven’t posted in a while but wanted to check in because this bothered me so much. I’ve been a loyal customer to Targetmaster since 2011. Just this past year I’ve purchased an AR, pistol and a shotgun from them totaling in the thousands. I’ve never been given any great deal apart from allowing me to have the cash price whilst using my credit card. But that’s ok. I don’t ask or expect special treatment. I like the guys that work there and I feel comfortable there overall. The prices are very high. But still I looked past that. But this week I think may have been the final nail in the coffin. I’ve never purchased a gun online before. I stopped in, saw the pistol I wanted was $200 more than it was online and asked about the process required to order. I told them I was going to have a firearm shipped from a particular store that week. They told me it would cost $50 out the door for the FFL fee and I’d be on my way. Simple stuff! Now, $50 is obviously very steep for something that costs them nothing and 5 minutes of their time. But I agreed to it.

However, when I walked into the store to pick up my gun, after doing all the paperwork, the guy behind the counter says: Ok, that’ll be $80! I said: What? $80? It’s supposed to be $50! It says $50 for the fee on the wall and I was told by another employee after naming the shop it was coming from that it would be $50 out the door. The Targetmaster employee proceeds to tell me its $50 plus $25 if I order from certain big box stores. WTF?! That is pure thievery! Where it comes from has no relation to the process of the background check. The employee then told me it’s another $5 for PICS! Totaling $80 for an FFL transfer. My jaw hit the floor. I was never informed of that and I was had by the balls pretty much at that point. I paid it and I probably will never go back there again. I really liked TM but I feel totally taken advantage of and misled. By the way, on the wall it says $50 not $55. They should include the $5 PICS fee in the $50 total fee. Anyway, I’ve been seething ever since. I value my money like most.
    Go to Buds guns for their FFL list. There are several FFLs in your area that charge 30.00, a couple even $25.00. None as cheap as mine, $20, PICS included. Or....I could use my gun club President for $10, but it's not as convenient. For folks in NW PA., I use Walker Precision, he's approved on both Buds and Kentucky Gun Club. He works out of his house, near the zoo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast