Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thank you.

Default Re: Thank you.

Yep, Advertising, Marketing and PR all in one!

Was a pleasure finally meeting him...such a fun, likable guy. My son loved the copper 2A coin he gave me...gave it to my boy who collects coins.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Yes thank you to everyone that showed up and those who contacted the legislature! I think we made a huge impact! We do have friends up there. This happened on day one,

Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rob Kauffman’s declaration Tuesday that he will not take up a bill aimed at giving people a new way to get guns out of the hands of suicidal or judgement-impaired persons had two early effects at the state Capitol:

• It undeniably has made it that much harder for gun control advocates to get one of their top priorities passed into law in Pennsylvania in the current legislative session.
    • It has re-focused those same advocates’ attention on making sure they are positioned to best advance their cause in the long run by finding legislative leaders who will put modest gun control measures front and center on the agenda.

“We see those as fighting words, not a final declaration,” Shira Goodman, executive director of Ceasefire PA, one of the state’s leading gun control advocacy groups, said about the Franklin County Republican’s declaration. “If that means we’ve got to battle in the Senate or try discharge petitions or try to amend other bills that are moving (to get an extreme risk order bill considered), we’re going to do it."
    It doesn’t hurt to send an email or phone call to Rep Kauffman thanking him for his actions. Senators and Reps get all kinds of calls and emails BEFORE hearings and sessions, but usually only hear from those who DISAGREE with them after.

It’s good to reach out to those who are in our corner and thank them for holding strong

Great reminder. That thought passed my mind. Doing it right now.

I sent Lisa Baker a thank you for how much better the hearing itself was handled on Day 2. Sure our speakers got personally attacked by the other speakers and half of the Senators, but we lad fair speaking time. It sppears she either heard us...or had the character to know day 1 went poorly.

If she's on the fence with this stuff, encouragement to do the right thing is probably a better approach than angry mail. (she got that from me too!)

I hope she does look into the hallway incident for us like I asked.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

I was in Representatives Kaufman's office that afternoon with a message of thanks. Kim, Jim and myself had a few moments with him in the hallway on Wednesday morning. He came running after us after he found out we stopped in LOL the man is solid!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Thanks to everyone to helped organize, came, or were just with us in spirit because they could not attend.

There were ups and downs. Times I was proud and times I was furious. But, we showed up in huge numbers compared to the other side and I feel we did affect the way the second day's hearing compared to the rished, unfair first day. Thanks if anyone else got on Senator Baker along with me Tuesday evening. She either heard us, or just knew what the right thing to do was. Our speakers made us proud on the second day, while under fierce personal attack, mainly from Senator Farnese. Is he from NJ/NY....he sounds like it.

Justin, Bern...proud of both if you, hope we can continue to work together in the future to have a permanent presence in the Capitol. I told Bern I'm available to volunteer in the future to show up when needed.

Cruzans...welcome to the club. Great meeting you and hope to see you at future events!

Usual breakfast crew...let's do it again.
    I'm pretty sure I already said it in another thread, but I'm in on this as well. I'm about an hour from Harrisburg and can usually get there if I know by the day before.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    I'm pretty sure I already said it in another thread, but I'm in on this as well. I'm about an hour from Harrisburg and can usually get there if I know by the day before.
    I believe Bern will be coordinating this...at least he's the one that asked me.

I'm willing if I have the vacation time. I'm 30 minutes from the swamp if no traffic. That's a big IF on dIe-83 though.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

Thank you! Great meeting you and everyone else as well. My first time participating in a PAFOA event and definitely won't be the last!

Yep, Advertising, Marketing and PR all in one!

Was a pleasure finally meeting him...such a fun, likable guy. My son loved the copper 2A coin he gave me...gave it to my boy who collects coins.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Lol, definitely not my forte but had a great day and met and had great conversations with such an amazing and diverse crowd ! All PAFOA members were awesome. PAFOA members have a lot to be proud of!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Cruzans is officially our PR guy.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

I was glad to be their I forgot to take pics I wasnt thinking damn it would have been good to post pics oh well next time.

Great reminder. That thought passed my mind. Doing it right now.

I sent Lisa Baker a thank you for how much better the hearing itself was handled on Day 2. Sure our speakers got personally attacked by the other speakers and half of the Senators, but we lad fair speaking time. It sppears she either heard us...or had the character to know day 1 went poorly.

If she's on the fence with this stuff, encouragement to do the right thing is probably a better approach than angry mail. (she got that from me too!)

I hope she does look into the hallway incident for us like I asked.
    My letter to her was based solely on Day 1. If she was better on Day 2, that is good. I was with the gathering outside that day and did not have personal observations upon which to base a communication to her about Day 2. I still wrote her about Day 1. Be interested to see if I get a response. Last time I wrote a detailed criticism of her vote on HB2060, she wrote back that HB2060 was not a gun control measure, it was a public safety measure. Was there ever, even once, a gun control measure that was not proposed as a public safety measure? Based on her reasoning I can see her voting for a lot of this legislation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast