Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Legal implications of living with someone who has a medical marijuana card?

Post # 6 is advice for "Free "..................

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Legal implications of living with someone who has a medical marijuana card?

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    But why would Pennsylvania LE have a warrant for a person with a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana card? At that point I'd say cut into my safe because I'm not opening it. Hopefully they wouldn't call my bluff.
    No one said the warrant had to be for the medical marijuana. Perhaps another issue and now they serve the warrant and they see firearms and seize them right or wrong, now you have to jump through hoops and spend lots of cash to get them back. A scenario to consider is all.

You could get a whiff of second-hand smoke , loose yer mind, and start shooting up the neighborhood.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    But why would Pennsylvania LE have a warrant for a person with a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana card? At that point I'd say cut into my safe because I'm not opening it. Hopefully they wouldn't call my bluff.
    Why would they have a warrant for anyone? It happens all the time. And if you think they'll simply say "Nevermind" if you won't open the safe, you're going to be in for quite a surprise (if that day ever comes).

They may cut it open, they may take the whole thing. They may knock down a wall and pull it out with heavy equipment if they think it's pertinent to their needs. You and your property mean NOTHING to them.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

If someone living with me said they were going to get a medical pot card I would ask them to go see a real doctor first.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If someone living with me said they were going to get a medical pot card I would ask them to go see a real doctor first.
    MD , Marijuana Doctor or Medical Doobie?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PGRNPA View Post
    No one said the warrant had to be for the medical marijuana. Perhaps another issue and now they serve the warrant and they see firearms and seize them right or wrong, now you have to jump through hoops and spend lots of cash to get them back. A scenario to consider is all.
    Wouldn't that be an issue for anyone with a roommate (including spouse or family member), regardless of the medical marijuana card? So should anyone with a roommate not have firearms because they could be confiscated?

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Wouldn't that be an issue for anyone with a roommate (including spouse or family member), regardless of the medical marijuana card? So should anyone with a roommate not have firearms because they could be confiscated?
    Depends on the "shared spaces" and where the guns are kept; also, how accessible your guns are in your part of the residence. Your roommate probably has his own bedroom with a lockable door, your girlfriend may not.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

You open it or they'll open it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Depends on the "shared spaces" and where the guns are kept; also, how accessible your guns are in your part of the residence. Your roommate probably has his own bedroom with a lockable door, your girlfriend may not.
    Yep but the OP doesn't state the relationship of the person they are living with, so I was basing it solely off the irrevalence of the card in the post I quoted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast