Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Breakfast should probably be 3 hours before planned arrival at the Capitol.
    We need time to drive, park, walk in, check guns, go through security, and then get to the hearing room.

    The usual meet at Cracker Barrel at 2525 Brindle Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17110 opens daily at 6:00am.
    We can meet there Wed Sept 25 at 8:00am since we need to be at the Capitol by 11:00am (hearing at 1:00pm).

    We can't meet at Cracker Barrel on Tue Sept 24 since we need to be at the Capitol by 7:15am (hearing at 9:00am).
    If people want to do Tue Sept 24 at 4:00am it looks like there are six 24 hour restaurants near the Capitol.

    The 24 hour place with the most good reviews is the Capitol Diner at 800 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17111.
    Just a suggestion for Sept 24, not saying I will be there.

    We all know I suck at planning this stuff, so please chime in if you want to do breakfast and let's figure out what works for people.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Benton, Pennsylvania
    (Columbia County)
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Breakfast should probably be 3 hours before planned arrival at the Capitol.
    We need time to drive, park, walk in, check guns, go through security, and then get to the hearing room.

    The usual meet at Cracker Barrel at 2525 Brindle Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17110 opens daily at 6:00am.
    We can meet there Wed Sept 25 at 8:00am since we need to be at the Capitol by 11:00am (hearing at 1:00pm).
    I'm interested in CB breakfast on Wednesday, got a long drive Tuesday morning so not likely.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    5,065
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by 11B3Y View Post
    I'm interested in CB breakfast on Wednesday, got a long drive Tuesday morning so not likely.
    I'm the same. I'll be there Tuesday, but I have to leave up here@ 4:30 as it is. Are we still setting up a meeting area at the fountain on Tuesday morning? If so maybe we can just grab some coffee and donuts and have an informal breakfast there for people. I'll donate a couple of the sheetz coffee boxes if we want.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm the same. I'll be there Tuesday, but I have to leave up here@ 4:30 as it is. Are we still setting up a meeting area at the fountain on Tuesday morning? If so maybe we can just grab some coffee and donuts and have an informal breakfast there for people. I'll donate a couple of the sheetz coffee boxes if we want.
    That's a really good idea.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Littlestown, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)
    Age
    66
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    4824501

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    1. I'm in the same camp as others, going directly to the Capitol on Tuesday. Also in for Cracker Barrel 8 AM Wednesday.

    B. Not breakfast related, but maybe someone who is fluent in Costco could bring a case (or two) of bottled water for those that might need some at the fountain.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,812
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Wednesday I'm in. Tuesday I am getting to the Capitol at 7.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    1. I'm in the same camp as others, going directly to the Capitol on Tuesday. Also in for Cracker Barrel 8 AM Wednesday.

    B. Not breakfast related, but maybe someone who is fluent in Costco could bring a case (or two) of bottled water for those that might need some at the fountain.
    A case of water at the fountain is a good idea.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    1657715

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Just letting you out of town folks know capital diner is a good choice. Been there early after working my snow route several times.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    Just letting you out of town folks know capital diner is a good choice. Been there early after working my snow route several times.
    Thank you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,812
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: **** Breakfast planning thread for Capitol Hearings Sept 24-25, 2019 ****

    That's right, we were looking for a new place. I had posted Dodge City as a pro gun choice and it was well received.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 12th, 2019, 10:05 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2019, 08:31 PM
  3. PSCís Quirks of the Kalashnikov - Sept 21 2019 - West Alexander, PA
    By Jay_Cunningham in forum Training Courses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 6th, 2019, 09:26 AM
  4. ***2019 pre rally breakfast headcount thread***
    By JustinHEMI in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: May 7th, 2019, 09:54 PM
  5. Eastern PA Open Carry dinner :: Planning thread
    By Pa. Patriot in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: February 26th, 2008, 11:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops