Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: ATF Admits No Legal Authority For Bump Stock Ruling

As I recall, wallet holsters were also banned by royal decree. One week I saw a basket of them for sale at a gunshow. The next week they were classified on the level of a machine gun, an SBR and a suppressor. Just a leather envelope with a couple of holes and some stitching. Of course, these are the same people who classified a shoelace as an automatic weapon.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Bump stock update

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    He's no Second Amendment champion either.
    I know it's not over yet... but, really... last few weeks have been hyper-ripe with pressure and opportunity to restrict the 2A. I could only imagine how things would be with Hillary or some RINO in charge.

People get real bent out of shape based on Trump's rhetoric. When you look at the media's anti-gun shit-storm over the past few weeks, and you look at the reality that there is no real movement at the federal-level... well, actions speak louder than words.

(Wyoming County)

***SIGH*****

This was all FAKE NEWS because whoever reported it couldn't understand Legal Speak.

You’ve no doubt seen headlines that the ATF “admitted” it lacked the authority to ban bump stocks by slipping them into the NFA. While it’s absolutely true that the rulemaking was illegal, it’s unfortunately not true that the ATF admitted that.

LINK:https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/no...ERYSp8Xuv0HVn0

*I hate to use TTAG as a source for truth but, I think they are probably correct here
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    As I recall, wallet holsters were also banned by royal decree. One week I saw a basket of them for sale at a gunshow. The next week they were classified on the level of a machine gun, an SBR and a suppressor. Just a leather envelope with a couple of holes and some stitching. Of course, these are the same people who classified a shoelace as an automatic weapon.
    I remember them. I couldn't believe they were on the NFA list, stupid as stupid gets.

(Chester County)

I have a distant kinda/sorta relative who is an ATF agent. I recently spoke to her about the bump stock ruling and she said it is kind of a pain in the butt for them. Apparently however many bumpstocks have been turned in must be stored with a chain of custody record so that IF the bumpstock ruling is ever overturned, the ATF can return said bumpstocks to their original owners. She said it's a paperwork nightmare, for whatever that's worth...

She also doesn't think the public should be allowed to own AR15's since they are "too similar to the weapons of war she used in the military." I asked her if an AR ban were put in place, where would it end? Would they guarantee all semi-autos would not be next? Or would the next steps be semi-auto shotguns, standard capacity pistols, etc, etc. She didn't have an answer and seemed to look at me like I was becoming a pain in her butt. We didn't discuss guns much after that. I guess some (many?) ATF agents are pro-gun and not out to get us, but it would appear that at least some are perfectly content with a world where only they have the semi's.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    ***SIGH*****

This was all FAKE NEWS because whoever reported it couldn't understand Legal Speak.

LINK:https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/no...ERYSp8Xuv0HVn0

*I hate to use TTAG as a source for truth but, I think they are probably correct here
    Interesting since it was lawyers that reported it.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I have a distant kinda/sorta relative who is an ATF agent. I recently spoke to her about the bump stock ruling and she said it is kind of a pain in the butt for them. Apparently however many bumpstocks have been turned in must be stored with a chain of custody record so that IF the bumpstock ruling is ever overturned, the ATF can return said bumpstocks to their original owners. She said it's a paperwork nightmare, for whatever that's worth...

She also doesn't think the public should be allowed to own AR15's since they are "too similar to the weapons of war she used in the military." I asked her if an AR ban were put in place, where would it end? Would they guarantee all semi-autos would not be next? Or would the next steps be semi-auto shotguns, standard capacity pistols, etc, etc. She didn't have an answer and seemed to look at me like I was becoming a pain in her butt. We didn't discuss guns much after that. I guess some (many?) ATF agents are pro-gun and not out to get us, but it would appear that at least some are perfectly content with a world where only they have the semi's.
    She should be loyal to her oath.

(Lebanon County)

next time ask her if she's familiar with US vs Miller, 1934 and the resulting SC ruling/

(Wyoming County)

How does she feel about 1903A Bolt Action Rifles in 30-06 used in WWI?

This Weapon of War title is bullshit. I don't know how to gather the research but I'd wager that every action type & ammo capacity of a firearm was developed as a result of military needs. I don't care if it's lever action Winchesters, revolvers, bolt action rifles, to auto loading firearms.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    She should be loyal to her oath.
    to collect a government paycheck and pension WHATEVER the cost.
    isn't that about how it goes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Yup just like appointing Barr an anti gunner atty gen. Barr now backing Toomey and his plan for total registration is part of Trump's 19 level chess move to protect the people's right to own and use arms. Surrounding himself with liberal, progressive, war mongers who leak and sabotage him at every step is part of his master plan to drain the swamp.
    in a weak defense, it really is OUR job to drain the swamp of the electorate that keeps a lot of this running... we have so far failed quite hard.

never tell them what you have or don't have and they will never know what is tucked away behind that wall.
    if they don't know you have it, they can't come after you for it and you will have it for that rainy day.
    any right minded American has 80% more than he admits, squirreled away for a time of need.
    we have a duty to ignore unconstitutional laws after all.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast