Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Knife question , opinion , etc

I believe as long as you have a LTCF you're good, as one of the more interesting 2A cases that went through PA courts in recent years was not actually a gun case, but a knife one.

Below is the blog by the attory who fought the case.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/02/1...hool-property/

Followed by another explanation by an unrelated legal team

https://goldsteinmehta.com/blog/pa-s...rounds-statute

Contrary to the trial court’s conclusion, the “other lawful purpose” language does not restrict the defense provided in Section 912(c). Instead, the phrase does just the opposite: it expands the defense to include any additional or different lawful reason not otherwise mentioned in the first clause of Section 912(c), regardless of whether it is school-related. To conclude otherwise, would make “possessed for other lawful purpose” redundant with “possessed and used in association with a lawful supervised school activity or course.”

The Superior Court's holding in Goslin is very broad. It means that if the defense can produce evidence of a lawful purpose for which the weapon was possessed, the prosecution likely should not be able to obtain a conviction under the statute. As always, we do not advocate testing the limits of these statutes. If you bring a knife to a school, you will probably still be arrested and forced to deal with the expense and risk of a criminal prosecution. But this decision clearly establishes that if there was a lawful purpose for possessing the weapon, then the Commonwealth may not prevail in a prosecution under this statute.

Emphasis mine.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; September 30th, 2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345