Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Walther CCP???

(Bucks County)

Default Walther CCP???

Hey Troops,

I picked up a used Wlather CCP at a local fun shop a couple of weeks ago.... Took it home cleaned it, and carried it for a couple of weeks, (I know.... Untested firearm.... Duh!). I took it to the range today.... Fired a couple of mags with several feed jams with ball Ammo (Blazer brass), was just beginning to think hmmmmm.... Fred, you just bought someone else's headache.... But maybe just a few more mags, will loosen things up....When..... SHAAAPOING!!! the slide goes merrily down range..... The lower remains in my slightly confused hands.... Well.... That was exciting! I noticed the firing pin retaining cap and firing pin spring (whatever Walther calls them) were nowhere to be found..... That gun is retired for the day..... If not forever..... A shame I kinda like the way it handles....

The joys of buying used I guess.... I am guessing the cap must have failed, as I am certain that I assembled it correctly....
    Even though it has kind of an odd take down.... Sorta like an overly complicated P-7.... (I am an armored on three other guns) There was no obvious damage.... Other then a little road rash on the back of the slide.....

So what do ya think..... Should I bring it up at the store I bought it.... Or cry to Walther to get the missing parts?

I have a felling I'm S.O.O.L.... But still kinda sucks.....

Thanks!
    Fred

P.S. A pox on all those that sell broken or sick guns!
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Centre County)

Default Re: Walther CCP???

You bought a used gun so I wouldn't blame it on the shop (unless you can prove that they knew it was defective). I'd give Walther a call to see what they say. The may want you to send it back to them so they can check it out to insure everything is functioning correctly. If they do want it back, be nice and ask them if they will either provide a prepaid shipper or a UPS label with them picking up the tab.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I kinda figured it is on me..... I buy A LOT of used guns..... And have gotten really lucky..... With the exception of
    A POS Taurus Tracker in .17HMR..... Have never really been bitten..... I own 4-5 Walther's and admit to being a bit of a *** hag for them.... (I still need a P-99 in 9mm.... as I sold my (and all) of my .40's!) I'm a 9mm and .45 guy from now on!

I am a little disappointed.... as I read all the reviews of the CCP (before buying it), most of which bitched about a crappy and gritty trigger..... Mine is as smooth as glass.... I have lost enough weight to carry appendix.... For the first time in my frigging life! Which is why I bought it.... Why oh why.... do I fall in love with The damn German guns.... (Ask me about trading my first "Model of U.S. ARMY 1911" (not A1) for a Sig 229.... That I just had to have! (Sigh).

For $250 bucks.... It ain't the end of the world.... I have lost (much) more at Parks.... I'm just wondering if it is worth buying the parts that achieved escape velocity.... And are now in geo-stationary orbit.... Or just melt the puppy down at my next marshmallow toast!

Life ain't fair.... Win some.... lose some.... I guess!
    Last edited by 1096369fred; September 21st, 2019 at 09:00 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Columbia County)

You never know the store might send it back to Walther for you maybe on their dime. Therefore I would tell the store owner what happened.

I don't know much about them except I read the first batch had its problems, including but not limiting to being difficult to re assemble.

(Montgomery County)

My bet is Walther gives you a shipping label at no charge and they have it back to you perfect in a week. Call em!

(Westmoreland County)

I've read of that happening fairly often. Wifes CCP hasent done it, but the spring and tear down thing you rotate have popped out while cleaning it. and now its spottywhether or not it fires. It seems the striker isnt getting locked back all the time, so no fire. She loves that gun, and I must admit, it does feel pretty good in the hand. Her PPQ does too

(Bucks County)

Hey Guys,

I reached out to Walther, and they sent me the following parts.... (No charge! striker spring, spring guide, locking catch hook, and locking catch. In putting it back together,
    I noticed the the rear roll pin was completely within the slide.... Which I'm sure caused my problems.... I am unsure if I caused the pin to move, when I broke it down for cleaning, or if it was a "gift" from the previous owner..... Has anyone tried anything to keep the pin from backing out.... Maybe a drop of red lock tight, from the outside of the pin?

Thanks!
    Fred

P.S. It now function checks fine.... But will shoot it next week..... And won't carry it until I do!

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the update. Let us know how she shoots with the new improved parts...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est