Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Colt is stopping civilian production of their rifles

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    giving sand terrorists ar platform weapons is almost like a poison pill. they're just going to malfunction when they get dusty.
    i wonder if they'll be chambered in russian cals so they're compatible with all their existing stockpile.
    That would be an interesting find in the wild, cant imagine colt making a m4 in 7.62 that takes ak mags, but id love to have one! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    That would be an interesting find in the wild, cant imagine colt making a m4 in 7.62 that takes ak mags, but id love to have one! Lol
    http://looserounds.com/2018/08/06/th...carbine-r6830/
    closest i could find is an ar they built for the 7.62x39 using ar style mags.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Centre County)

My understanding is Colt has a large military contract and needs to focus on it but i do not recall them doing this before when filling a military contract. Could be a number of things impacting the decision. There are so many companies building AR's that Colt does not impact the civilian market that much I would think. I would not beat them up over there decision as we have no idea what their problems are.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwind View Post
    My understanding is Colt has a large military contract and needs to focus on it but i do not recall them doing this before when filling a military contract. Could be a number of things impacting the decision. There are so many companies building AR's that Colt does not impact the civilian market that much I would think. I would not beat them up over there decision as we have no idea what their problems are.
    Colt getting a large military contract and an "assault weapons ban is being considered in congress are two events that make the timing of this announcement very suspicious.
    Secondly the way it is being reported in the media, the gun grabbers are claiming victory over this. I suspect Colt already got letters from various gun grabbing groups thanking them for their decision.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Colt getting a large military contract and an "assault weapons ban is being considered in congress are two events that make the timing of this announcement very suspicious.
    Secondly the way it is being reported in the media, the gun grabbers are claiming victory over this. I suspect Colt already got letters from various gun grabbing groups thanking them for their decision.
    If this was just an issue of temporarily shifting production to military contracts, I don't see any reason why they'd announce that publicly. Sounds like virtue signaling to me.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    If this was just an issue of temporarily shifting production to military contracts, I don't see any reason why they'd announce that publicly. Sounds like virtue signaling to me.
    It sure does.

(Wyoming County)

This guy seems to know his shit, particularly when it comes to Colt,

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Columbia County)

According to this article from www.tactical-life.com Cobalt Kinetics is now following Colt in discontinuing their sales of AR 15 to civilians. They made high end rifles. According to the bold sentence in the article, similar to Colt they are seeking a military contract. In addition they will start a civilian line of 1911 pistols. Is this just a business decision or were they convinced to do this for other reason(s)? There are a lot of similarities with Colt. In any event they are the next domino to fall in the civilian semi auto rifle market.

Cobalt Kinetics recently announced the company will discontinue its entire lineup of semi-automatic rifles to the civilian market. The move comes a few weeks after the announcement Cobalt joined MARS, Inc., in a U.S. Army NGSW submission. Then the company broke even more news, announcing the move to begin high-end 1911 production for the civilian market.

“We are sorry to have to take the BAMF out of production,” said Skylar Stewart, vice president and marketing director, Cobalt Kinetics. “We all worked tirelessly to create it and get it out into the world and establish and grow the market for the super-premium AR-15. But times change, market demand shifts, and we’re only looking forward. We have really been wanting to expand our offering for a long time and this shift gives us the chance to make good on that plan. Our pistol-smith, Dave Lake, has a lot of experience and has given us a healthy head start on this thing. We’re going to hit the ground running. We plan to break some rules, turn some heads and make our mark on the firearm industry again.”

While it appears rifle efforts now focus on a potential massive Army contract, Cobalt will attempt to capture the magic and cache it earned with the release of truly innovative AR designs.

Cobalt plans to build modular-framed, high-capacity 1911-based handguns. In discussion for more than two years, according to Cobalt, the company plans a full line. Models include a commander-sized carry pistol, suppressor-ready tactical pistol and USPSA competition pistols.
    While exact features and details of each model are still being refined, Cobalt says they’re willing and able to make good on most any custom request. To deliver on this custom-based manufacturing process, Cobalt enlisted David Lake, a veteran gun-builder. Lake built competition handguns for world champions in various shooting disciplines, according to Cobalt.

The company recently released a few pistols; however, no timeline for production guns, nor prices, are released at this time. But shooters should expect high-end Cobalt Kinetics 1911 pistols and prices to match. For those interested in rifles, Cobalt says it has a limited inventory in stock. The inventory includes new rifles, trade show guns and demo rifles. Only 200 new rifles remain, and the company says a full factory warranty remains.

For more information, visit cobaltkinetics.com.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...tinues-rifles/

So now that a few months have passed.

How has this announcement affected used prices of Used 6920s out of curiosity? All the people now think they are gold or still able to be had for reasonable amounts used?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    So now that a few months have passed.

How has this announcement affected used prices of Used 6920s out of curiosity? All the people now think they are gold or still able to be had for reasonable amounts used?
    Well all the used ones that have come up for sale on this site have been around the $1050-$1200.00 mark meanwhile you can get them brand new from several sites for $950.00 to $975.00.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-Law-Enforcement-M4-Carbine-p/le6920.htm

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast