Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Colt is stopping civilian production of their rifles

IIRC, the Clinton Administration made Colt a deal , severely curtail civilian sales , especially handgun sales , in exchange for a no-bid M16/M4 contract.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    IIRC, the Clinton Administration made Colt a deal , severely curtail civilian sales , especially handgun sales , in exchange for a no-bid M16/M4 contract.
    Also many Colts have the stupid auto sear block. Pisses me off in principle.

(Mercer County)

This isn't the first time that Colt told the buying public to go pound sand. That's one of the reasons the last Colt I bought was generation one SSA.

The hell with Colt and their over priced junk!!
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Carbon County)

Going back to the early 70's, nobody that knew anything about guns wanted them. They had that stupid screw in place of the takedown pin in the front of the upper receiver. As soon as there were aftermarket receivers available we all ran out to buy them. I bought a 3 diget serial # lower from an outfit in California that was an exact copy of an M-16A-1 minus the sear hole. Those were the days! Boxes of surplus parts cheap (Even Colt A-1 stuff).

I'm so disappointed I won't be able to buy their over priced mediocre firearms anymore.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Bucks County)

I recently bought a 14.5 SOCOM barrel that I'm glad I got my hands on, they're supposed to be pretty great. Not too worried about any other c marked parts though, I'll likely build it out on aero receivers.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Carbon County)

Breaking: Colt Responds to Concerns Over Its Decision to Halt Production of Rifles for Consumer Market

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (September 19th, 2019) – There have been numerous articles recently published about Colt’s participation in the commercial rifle market.

Some of these articles have incorrectly stated or implied that Colt is not committed to the consumer market. We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market.

The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity.

Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts.

Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles. Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering.

We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers.

At the end of the day, we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change. Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world.

Very respectfully,

Dennis Veilleux, President and Chief Executive Officer
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/b...nsumer-market/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Lancaster County)

I really hate the term "war fighter", any reason they just can't say "military" or "soldier"?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I really hate the term "war fighter", any reason they just can't say "military" or "soldier"?

In order to complete today in the military contract arena you have to be high speed and low drag. I hear every rifle purchased comes with a free operator beard grooming kit and a pair of 5.11 pants.

(Columbia County)

Maybe this is the reason they stopped production for civilians:

The Pentagon on Wednesday announced that Connecticut-based Colt’s Manufacturing is the winner of a big contract to supply M4 carbines to allies overseas.
    The U.S. Army Contracting Command at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey announced the firm-fixed-price award, valued at $41,924,594, the same week that Colt said they were pausing production of rifles for the consumer market to concentrate on military contracts.

“Our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts,” said Dennis Veilleux, Colt’s president and Chief Executive Officer, in a statement Thursday. “Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles.”
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/09/20...verseas-allies

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast