Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default CZ Scorpion Carbine, is it worth it?

I’ve been going back and forth with a 9mm carbine for awhile. I’m looking for something I can use in steel matches next spring.

I don’t believe that any of the large orgs that run the matches allow braced pistols and I’m not interested in the SBR Route now.

The CZ Scorpion EVO interests me. I’ handled and shot one at the Central shoot the year before last and remember liking it. I see they are still running around $1K which is pretty high for a 9mm carbine. In the long run is this PCC really worth that kind of coin?

Default Re: CZ Scorpion Carbine, is it worth it?

I think justinhemi has one. Id like to get the sbr version. Than again, Id like to get the sbr version of everything.

(Allegheny County)

My Scorpion is probably my favorite firearm. It’s currently the pistol variant with an SBA3 brace, but I’m going to Form 1 it this week. Ammo is cheap, mags are cheap, plenty of aftermarket support, and it’s never had an issue. With my Osprey 45 hanging off the front, it’s quiet and almost recoilless.

(Bucks County)

I like my Extar EP9... Light, takes Glock 9mm mags....under $500 and very accurate...

Scorpion is a bit pricey and limited on type of mags to use..my opinion.

(Bucks County)

I'd go for the grand power stribog personally. I'm holding out for the delayed blowback A3 model. You can get there with the current gen if you're up for the challenge, but I'd rather have it from the factory.

There have been rumors of glock mag lowers around too. And ar triggers can be made to work with minor fitment.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Montgomery County)

The Ruger PC carbine is another low cost option. $450 or less, reliable, and Glock mags. Plus Ruger customer service. (CZ has good customer service as well, but the Extar or some of the other 'boutique' options I'm not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I’ve been going back and forth with a 9mm carbine for awhile. I’m looking for something I can use in steel matches next spring.

I don’t believe that any of the large orgs that run the matches allow braced pistols and I’m not interested in the SBR Route now.

The CZ Scorpion EVO interests me. I’ handled and shot one at the Central shoot the year before last and remember liking it. I see they are still running around $1K which is pretty high for a 9mm carbine. In the long run is this PCC really worth that kind of coin?
    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I think justinhemi has one. Id like to get the sbr version. Than again, Id like to get the sbr version of everything.
    He may have fired mine. I have one of the first SBRs to be built in early 2015 and it has been flawless. Not a single failure to speak of for me.

However, for the carbine, Pennlineman has one and I really enjoyed shooting it at the PMSC group shoots.

CZ customer service endeared themselves to me when I stripped out the screw that holds in the safety selector and they not only installed the safety delete for free, but replaced the damaged lower for free as well. You really can't ask for better than that when a manufacturer covers your fuck ups. That's valuable to me.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    He may have fired mine. I have one of the first SBRs to be built in early 2015 and it has been flawless. Not a single failure to speak of for me.

However, for the carbine, Pennlineman has one and I really enjoyed shooting it at the PMSC group shoots.

CZ customer service endeared themselves to me when I stripped out the screw that holds in the safety selector and they not only installed the safety delete for free, but replaced the damaged lower for free as well. You really can't ask for better than that when a manufacturer covers your fuck ups. That's valuable to me.
    I am pretty sure I fired yours which had an MRO on it if I'm not mistaken as well as ExFlyingGuys who had a Holosun on his, and enjoyed them both. It's one firearm that really does not seem to go on sale and you don't see many people selling on the 2nd had market. I guess in could go to the auction sites if undecided to start looking seriously. I have a good amount of 35 round mags from PSA my AKV and they supposedly run excellent in the EVO so that's a big plus.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 17th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.

If you like the Scorpion, get it. You've already got mags for it, so you're already on your way. Plus there's a pretty healthy aftermarket for it if you want to upgrade down the road.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The Ruger PC carbine is another low cost option. $450 or less, reliable, and Glock mags. Plus Ruger customer service. (CZ has good customer service as well, but the Extar or some of the other 'boutique' options I'm not sure).
    ^This.

If it has to be a carbine to compete in matches. I don't think you can beat the price of a Ruger PCC. The originals are less than 5 Benjamins, the ones with upgraded handrails are less than 6. I shot one at the central group shoot and it was fun. Maybe the weight is an issue? I'd get one but can't justify it already having a CZ Scorpion pistol & a Sig MPX

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast