Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: CZ Scorpion Carbine, is it worth it?

Late to this thread but I've got the PCC itch and am going back and forth between a pistol grip Ruger and a CZ Scorpion. Too many decision points.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    Late to this thread but I've got the PCC itch and am going back and forth between a pistol grip Ruger and a CZ Scorpion. Too many decision points.
    Let me make life that much harder.

Grand power stribog a3 rifle/carbine...
    Currently its only the gen 1 and 2 pistol in the US, currently waiting on atf approval for the roller lock gen 3 and rifles and carbines.

Current models are selling for $650 or so with 3 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    You can always throw this one into the mix as well.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...d+Notification

5165458319_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    You can always throw this one into the mix as well.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...d+Notification

5165458319_1.jpg
    Dammit, Hodgie. You and EmptyWallet keep finding new ways to spend my dang money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Dammit, Hodgie. You and EmptyWallet keep finding new ways to spend my dang money.
    I have been waiting for the carbine version of this to come into stock for months then this past Friday it just pop's up and of course I don't have the spare funds right now. It's just the pistol version with a welded extension in order to make it 16" long, but it would be great for PCC matches and save me from having to SBR my AKV pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have been waiting for the carbine version of this to come into stock for months then this past Friday it just pop's up and of course I don't have the spare funds right now. It's just the pistol version with a welded extension in order to make it 16" long, but it would be great for PCC matches and save me from having to SBR my AKV pistol.
    Yep, same boat. All funds are reserved for the holidays. Mrs Ronin and I have a moratorium on personal purchases through New Year's. I've already got three or four other guns in this price range on my "Must Buy" list for next year. At this rate, I'm going to blow my annual gun budget before SHOT Show.

(Wyoming County)

I was tempted but damn that price tag

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Montgomery County)

TLDR, no, it is not worth it.

I do not get it either. Pistol cartridges are a trade off of recoil, energy and portability. The utility of a pistol is that it is easy to carry. To remove that utility and retain the cartridge that does not perform well compared to other cartridges in similar sized devices seems silly to me. For example, why would I want something that weighs as much as an AR15 that does not have the energy, range or penetration that an AR15 would have? 1000 bucks for what is essentially a large, heavy pistol does not make sense.

I really do not see the justification for the price, this is a straight blowback device. Mechanically, it is the simplest of systems that have a very forgiving set of tolerances. It is far easier to make this Scorpion thing than it is to make an AR15, yet the price is twice what the discount ARs are... marketing fizz.

If this is about inexpensive target practice, the Smith and Wesson M&P AR15-22 is hard to beat. The controls are exactly where God and Eugene Stoner intended them, plus it looks cool.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

Argh! Too many choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    TLDR, no, it is not worth it.

I do not get it either. Pistol cartridges are a trade off of recoil, energy and portability. The utility of a pistol is that it is easy to carry. To remove that utility and retain the cartridge that does not perform well compared to other cartridges in similar sized devices seems silly to me. For example, why would I want something that weighs as much as an AR15 that does not have the energy, range or penetration that an AR15 would have? 1000 bucks for what is essentially a large, heavy pistol does not make sense.

I really do not see the justification for the price, this is a straight blowback device. Mechanically, it is the simplest of systems that have a very forgiving set of tolerances. It is far easier to make this Scorpion thing than it is to make an AR15, yet the price is twice what the discount ARs are... marketing fizz.

If this is about inexpensive target practice, the Smith and Wesson M&P AR15-22 is hard to beat. The controls are exactly where God and Eugene Stoner intended them, plus it looks cool.
    What's wrong with just liking a gun anymore? It doesn't have to be anymore complicated than "Hey, this thing is fucking cool. I have the money; I'm gonna buy it!"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast