Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: CZ Scorpion Carbine, is it worth it?

Just found this in my email inbox.

Sale Price $879.99

CZ Scorpion Carbine from Preppers Gun shop

LINK:https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-sc...eid=f6bbf7742b
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Northampton County)

The carbine is nice I never did anything to mine and shot really nice tight groups with it off my bag I did not see any real need to lighten that trigger. I like the gun and now there are some mag choices as well, hell the factory mags are cheap anyhow. I also love the Stribog . There is a Stribog carbine coming ,but that will be a while.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

I don't really understand the idea behind taking a gun that was designed for a specific purpose - a compact SMG - and taking away all of the goodness that came out of it by making it "bigger".

"Sales" is about the only thing I can come up with. Sales to people who can only own a 16" minimum barrel gun, or who don't want a "pistol". (which is it's perfect form)

Close to $900 for a 9mm CARBINE? Fuck that.
    It gets close to being worth that as a pistol/SBR, but I can buy any number of carbines for way way less money.

It all boils down to personal preference though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't really understand the idea behind taking a gun that was designed for a specific purpose - a compact SMG - and taking away all of the goodness that came out of it by making it "bigger".

"Sales" is about the only thing I can come up with. Sales to people who can only own a 16" minimum barrel gun, or who don't want a "pistol". (which is it's perfect form)

It gets close to being worth that as a pistol/SBR, but I can buy any number of carbines for way way less money.

If I could run the pistol versions in the league's and matches then I would use my AKv-9 but no braces. The carbine version will allow me to compete, as well as travel freely with it between most states easily using the correct mags unlike pistols and SBR's which require written permission to the ATF anytime you cross state lines.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Obviously there are reasons like Hodgie has for them, but I agree with your position in general, and in fact I would apply it the opposite direction. These "sub-guns" getting shorter with 4 inch barrels- I be like- "dude, just get a handgun". Now if a person wants ~4" because they're adding a 8" suppressor on the end - now I get it

(Wyoming County)

This is what makes me drool at the moment. The new release from CMMG in the BEST MILLIMETER.

*Out of my price range and I apologize for going off topic

I just got a Scorpion Evo 3 pistol yesterday. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It came with 8 mags, sling brace and side folder. The best part I got it cheap
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

They are nice and I have a scorpion, but if it were me for what you want it for I would get a 9mm conversion for my AR15.
    I've shot ARs for over 35 years so everything is where it's supposed to be and it is easier to flip the safety on and off.
    So I would get a dedicated AR style 9mm rifle or a conversion.

The scorpion is my favorite 9mm for everything else.
    When I got mine after the first range trip I changed everything on it to make it more betterer…
    Last edited by :-); September 19th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I’ve been going back and forth with a 9mm carbine for awhile. I’m looking for something I can use in steel matches next spring.

I don’t believe that any of the large orgs that run the matches allow braced pistols and I’m not interested in the SBR Route now.

The CZ Scorpion EVO interests me. I’ handled and shot one at the Central shoot the year before last and remember liking it. I see they are still running around $1K which is pretty high for a 9mm carbine. In the long run is this PCC really worth that kind of coin?
    Are you set on the EVO? If you haven’t tried the Ruger, and if you’re anywhere near the 19067 area, I’d be happy to let you do a test drive. I’m very happy with my PCC.

Also, I tried some of the Fiocchi 158g in it recently. Same point as my other ammo, yet mellower in report and recoil. Unsuppressed in my case.

(Cumberland County)

I have a 9mm AR and just recently picked up a Scorpion. They are both super fun at the range but the only reason i can justify the Scorpion is because I traded for it. I think it is expensive for what it is and even more so if you add things to it. But like I said, super fun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast