Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default This is 100% legal from what i can see but i want to make sure.

Hi guys I'm 18 in Philly and have been hunting for a way to get a Glock in my youth. Obviously i cant do an FFL transfer and it seems like no sheriffs do sub 21 transfers either. Could i legally buy an 80 lower and finish it. And if i do, could i take it to VT for vacation and shoot there at a range with it?

Default Re: This is 100% legal from what i can see but i want to make sure.

Wow...so many possible felonies here.

You need to be 21 to have a handgun legally transferred to you.

If you were 21, you'd be safe to do an 80% build. You still need to be 21 to possess a handgun. Personally though, I'd never travel with my 80% builds or even carry them in case you run into a police officer not familiar with what it is and laws surrounding them...or if you have to use it, that could cause you extra legal issues.

Vermont is now a Constitutional Carry State, so you'd be in luck to properly transport a handgun there following FOPA law and carry without a permit, IF YOU WERE 21:

-Firearms must be unloaded;
    -Firearms must be contained in:
    *A closed and fastened case
    *A gunbox
    *A securely tied package, or
    *Locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported
    Last edited by alpacaheat; September 17th, 2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Another problem is to get to VT you need to go through NY. If you get caught in NY with high cap mags or an 80% lower your going to have a problem.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

If you were 21, you'd be safe to do an 80% build. You still need to be 21 to possess a handgun.
    This is incorrect on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

If you were 21, you'd be safe to do an 80% build. You still need to be 21 to possess a handgun. Personally though, I'd never travel with my 80% builds or even carry them in case you run into a police officer not familiar with what it is and laws surrounding them...or if you have to use it, that could cause you extra legal issues.

Just a quick point, he can legally possess a handgun if he is under 21.

https://www.pittsburghcriminalattorn...ent-of-weapon/

Under the Pennsylvania State Constitution (Art. I § 21), all citizens preserve a right to “bear arms in defense of themselves and the State.” Because Pennsylvania maintains an open carry policy, anyone who is at least 18 years of age, and is not prohibited by law to own and hold firearms, may openly carry a handgun in plain sight without a license, except in vehicles. However, you must obtain a permit in order to carry a concealed weapon.

Kid before you do anything I would contact an attorney who deals in firearms. Your current need to have a Glock 19 at 18 years old living in a very unfriendly towards firearms city can reroute your entire life and not on the positive track.

Go to a range that rents firearms and have some fun for a day.

(Philadelphia County)

This is your second thread on the topic and I fail to see why you can't just wait until you are legally able to own a handgun?I mean,Glocks are nice and all but what is the big deal that you feel you need to have one so desperately,they all certainly arent going to up and vanish in the next few years?
    I don't see any viable shortcuts to you prematurely getting your hands on a handgun without running afoul of the law and then you might find yourself in a situation where you may never be able to own a gun at all.Save your money and by the time you can actually buy one on your own you will be able to get the nicest Glock you want or trick one out as nicely as you want.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    This is your second thread on the topic and I fail to see why you can't just wait until you are legally able to own a handgun?I mean,Glocks are nice and all but what is the big deal that you feel you need to have one so desperately,they all certainly arent going to up and vanish in the next few years?
    I don't see any viable shortcuts to you prematurely getting your hands on a handgun without running afoul of the law and then you might find yourself in a situation where you may never be able to own a gun at all.Save your money and by the time you can actually buy one on your own you will be able to get the nicest Glock you want or trick one out as nicely as you want.
    There are a few ways. A parent can gift him one. He can buy from s private party and a sheriff can do the paperwork. That is if he can find a sheriff who knows the ugs and is willing to do the job.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post

I get the point you are making, but the right to self defense with a firearm in public can start at 18 under a lot of situations. (open carry if you already have access to a handgun) imo it should be all situations but I don't make the laws. When I look for articles to put in the armed citizens thread I have come across a ton of stories where a person under 21 was harmed or killed and if they had access to a firearm things could have turned out differently.

I don't know the op's motives but as a general statement not necessarily pertaining to the op....... there are situations where I don't blame a person for wanting to practice their nature given rights of being able to protect themselves in the best manner that they see fit.

A person can turn 18, go into the army and use all types of guns, but for some reason 18 year olds can't make the decision to protect themselves the same way a 21 year old would? If there is a way to legally protect yourself at 18, 19, 20 why not go for it?

Whatever he does he needs to make sure he is within the confines of the law. Nothing wrong with research and trying to get a complete understanding of the laws.

(Berks County)

Could we get a merger of the two threads?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast