Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: This is 100% legal from what i can see but i want to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Could we get a merger of the two threads?
    This was also discussed here. A third thread.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=38910
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Just a quick point, he can legally possess a handgun if he is under 21.

https://www.pittsburghcriminalattorn...ent-of-weapon/

Under the Pennsylvania State Constitution (Art. I § 21), all citizens preserve a right to “bear arms in defense of themselves and the State.” Because Pennsylvania maintains an open carry policy, anyone who is at least 18 years of age, and is not prohibited by law to own and hold firearms, may openly carry a handgun in plain sight without a license, except in vehicles. However, you must obtain a permit in order to carry a concealed weapon.
    By PA law, you're correct.

But doesn't Federal law hold FFLs to a minimum age of 21?

The gun would have to be a gift from a parent unless a Sheriff's Office would do the transfer...do they even do that?

Maybe this is why he's exploring 80%. As others said, stay out of NY and NJ with that.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

If you're concerned about possible upcoming bans, buy some magazines now. Doubt very much that Glock pistols will vanish anytime soon, but we may end up being limited to 10 round mags or whatever... having some before the hammer falls may be a great idea.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

The gun would have to be a gift from a parent unless a Sheriff's Office would do the transfer...do they even do that?

Maybe this is why he's exploring 80%. As others said, stay out of NY and NJ with that.
    Yes FFL is going by 21.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

My concern is people read the statement "You still need to be 21 to possess a handgun." and it gets into their mind that it is an absolute truth. But in reality a person can possess and even open carry a handgun in many place in Pa once they turn 18. Possession of a firearm under 21 is not illegal.

And there are ways for a person under 21 to legally get a firearm. It might not be as easy as once you turn 21...... but there are legal ways to do so.

(Philadelphia County)

A person can turn 18, go into the army and use all types of guns, but for some reason 18 year olds can't make the decision to protect themselves the same way a 21 year old would? If there is a way to legally protect yourself at 18, 19, 20 why not go for it?

My 2 cents on the 18 year old teen vs. the 18 year old soldier comparison; the 18 year old soldier probably has more confidence, training, maturity and responsibility than the 18 year old teen.

I'm not even going to comment this time... I'll just sit here and eat popcorn...
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    My 2 cents on the 18 year old teen vs. the 18 year old soldier comparison; the 18 year old soldier probably has more confidence, training, maturity and responsibility than the 18 year old teen.
    I can see that point, but legally they are both adults. I am never a fan a making different classes of people. And bad guys don't say "Hey you aren't 21, since you can't defend yourself we'll leave you alone". I think 18, 19 and 20 year olds should be able to make their own choice about how they should be able to defend themselves with the same penalties for making bad choices as everyone else.

(Bucks County)

I can see that point, but legally they are both adults. I am never a fan a making different classes of people. And bad guys don't say "Hey you aren't 21, since you can't defend yourself we'll leave you alone". I think 18, 19 and 20 year olds should be able to make their own choice about how they should be able to defend themselves with the same penalties for making bad choices as everyone else.
    If the government is allowed to make that choice for you, you should be allowed to make that choice for yourself.
    At 18 I made a med cruise, came back and was transferred to fmf westpac. Training at Pendleton and in Okinawa, and landed in DaNang on a C130 before my 19th birthday.
    Point is, if we can have "kids" put their lives on the line on behalf of their countries politics, they should be able to protect themselves while in the country.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    If the government is allowed to make that choice for you, you should be allowed to make that choice for yourself.
    At 18 I made a med cruise, came back and was transferred to fmf westpac. Training at Pendleton and in Okinawa, and landed in DaNang on a C130 before my 19th birthday.
    Point is, if we can have "kids" put their lives on the line on behalf of their countries politics, they should be able to protect themselves while in the country.
    Good points. At 18 I was not mature enough for the responsibilities of carrying a firearm. But I definitely knew people who were and I do not expect others to live by my standards.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast