Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Is there a single sheriff's office that does handgun transfers to 18-20 y/o here?

I'll travel across the entire state if i have to find a sheriffs office that will do one. I'm 18 and am a new resident of Philly after moving from NJ I've wanted a glock 19 for like 5 years and am trying to do anything in my power to get one legally. Please let me know if anyone knows of one anywhere

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Is there a single sheriff's office that does handgun transfers to 18-20 y/o here?

I have never heard of sheriff's conducting transfers and it sounds like you are still a few years shy of legally possessing a handgun anyhow?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Is there a single sheriff's office that does handgun transfers to 18-20 y/o here?

Yeah, I'm 95% sure you can't buy a handgun in any manner until you are 21.

The only way I'm aware of a person under 21 owning a handgun is by having it gifted to them by a parent or grandparent.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I have never heard of sheriff's conducting transfers and it sounds like you are still a few years shy of legally possessing a handgun anyhow?
    A small thing but he can legally possess a handgun. Getting one is harder if you are under 21 and he can not get a ltcf...... but he can legally possess a gun under many situations.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    A small thing but he can legally possess a handgun. Getting one is harder if you are under 21 and he can not get a ltcf...... but he can legally possess a gun under many situations.
    Okay,mere possession is one thing but he wants to purchase one and can't ,right?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Luzerne County)

Okay,mere possession is one thing but he wants to purchase one and can't ,right?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=38910
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

He does and he is pursuing an avenue that could legally work. He is asking Pa gun owners for input on any sheriffs who might allow him to follow this avenue. Seems like a logical step before calling all the sheriffs in Pa.

He might be out of luck, but sometimes the only way to figure things out is by asking.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    He does and he is pursuing an avenue that could legally work. He is asking Pa gun owners for input on any sheriffs who might allow him to follow this avenue. Seems like a logical step before calling all the sheriffs in Pa.

He might be out of luck, but sometimes the only way to figure things out is by asking.
    This site is a gun owners page which used to be big on gun rites. Hell not long ago it was widely believed open carry was ileagal. This site had a hand in getting the word out and it was eventually added to the state police training manual.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsterino View Post
    I'll travel across the entire state if i have to find a sheriffs office that will do one. I'm 18 and am a new resident of Philly after moving from NJ I've wanted a glock 19 for like 5 years and am trying to do anything in my power to get one legally. Please let me know if anyone knows of one anywhere
    yeah, see you in 3 years... learn the law first. google is a wonderful thing
    The chair is against the wall... John has a long mustache...

(Montgomery County)

Incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    yeah, see you in 3 years... learn the law first. google is a wonderful thing
    Is the tone of this response the best way to create new gun owners? No... Not at all. In fact it seems like he knows a bit about the law.

Unfortunately there aren't any known Sheriff's who will do this transfer. You'll have to wait until you're 21 unless you have a parent/grandparent in-state to gift you a handgun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast