Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Trump spurns Dems on universal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Barr is an anti 2A advocate. Q thinks he’s the bees knees. I think we’re artificially impregnated.
    Q is CIA/NSA.
    Its controlled opposition at its finest.
    Many that would stand up and fight are placated that something is being done and you just wait a few more weeks for the adults to sort it out ....
    Muhh 4d chess and all that nonsense.
    Last edited by icp4life162005; September 20th, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Nah. He wants to get re-elected and has a good chance at this point. The selling out part will happen once he has nothing to lose.
    Exactly my fear! I support the president in his war against the crazies of the democrat party and the loony leftists and I like him on a lot of other issues, but I have lost a whole lot of enthusiasm and confidence in him regarding the 2A .
    His actions with bumpstocks was total BS. I personally could care less about owning one but I should be allowed to own one. Then the other issue of forcing citizens (who likely voted for him) into the choice of, destroy your legally purchased and lawfully possessed property, or become a felon. That was a total garbage move and a real betrayal.

In my opinion, that EO on bumpstocks and his attitude regarding that EO showed his true colors coming out on the issue. When you consider he did that WITH the threat of re-election I really worry what he might be persuaded to do when in a second term, if some high profile incident happens I can see hm doing a ban or something and crowing about standing up for what’s right in the face of “THE NRA” It seems he only supports guns that he’s personally ok with, his statements that he “doesn’t like” suppressors was also telling. He “doesn’t like them” so I guess that justifies in his mind opposition to people owning them.

(Allegheny County)

Barr is an anti 2A advocate. Q thinks he’s the bees knees. I think we’re artificially impregnated.
    I was never a fan of Barr, from his involvement in the ruby ridge debacle and his defense of Lon horiachi the sniper who shot Vicky weaver in the head while holding a baby. Then hearing his support of ERPO’s (red flag laws) during his confirmation hearings. Barr might be ok on some issues but when it comes to guns and gun rights he sucks! He’s behind a lot of anti 2A crap we just don’t hear about. Didn’t the doj under him fight against a suppressor case going before the courts? Something like that at least I believe. Barr is no friend of the 2A from what I can tell.

(Perry County)

We all know? I didn’t. People doing that face a felony 10 years in fed pen and 10,000 dollars fine. I believe for each occurrence. Why would this be ignored? Back in the Carter days they effed people up over much less than you describe.
    It seems to be a lightly enforced law. There are people on GB that would be very hard pressed to mount a defense against a charge of dealing in firearms without a license.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

I'm not defending anyone in regards to this infringement. However, in reading what was posted and is floating around the internet, there remains some serious loopholes or outs in regard to it being UBCs.

First is the definition of a "commercial" sale. I think most of us regard commercial as being in some type of business. Selling a gun to a friend would not be a commercial sale under a standard definition.
    From US Code: (10)Used for commercial purposes.—
    The term “used for commercial purposes” means the carriage of persons or property for any fare, fee, rate, charge or other consideration, or directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit.

Next is the "advertised" definition. Does hanging a note up at a grocery store have the same connotation as putting an ad on Armslist? What about asking around at work if anyone wants to buy your unwanted rifle?

It seems that it's either not very well thought out to include making already illegal things (selling without a license) more regulated or it's designed to make the ignorant happy while doing next to nothing.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Any gun control should be DOA after today's shitshow from the democrats.

Only an idiot would work with them at this point.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Any gun control should be DOA after today's shitshow from the democrats.

Only an idiot would work with them at this point.
    Exactly. “Bipartisan” has zero meaning now. Trump and Mitch can hold tight and nothing ever sees his desk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234