Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile RUGER LITE RACK LVP ll IN 22 LR !

Looking forward to Rugers release of their newest Firearm.I want one of these as a backup to my Glock 43X !

Default Re: RUGER LITE RACK LVP ll IN 22 LR !

Didn't know this was coming out so thanks for sharing. This defiantly intrigues me being I want to teach my daughter how to use a handgun especially in an emergency and I want something small enough for her hands that is easily manipulated while being as reliable as possible.

This will be on the short list as well as the S&W .380 EZ which still might be too much for my daughter.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/12/rug...#axzz69dBgUuZr

I saw a youtube review and no mention that its a lite rack slide and the reviewer complained after 350 rounds a couple of mis-fires.I think his review sucked as no mention 22lr are dirty and require a range cleaning intermittently.He went on to say he recommended the new Skyy 380 lite ? WTF > I am looking forward to the Ruger for the same reasons you stated for my wifes ease of handling.

(Montgomery County)

Looks like a great option for people that just can't handle center-fire and want something more than pepper spray.

A few 22 hits is better than a few 9mm misses from lack of training due to discomfort...

Here's a better review from someone who didn't automatically hate the gun before he ever handled it vs the autistic lesbian in that other video mentioned earlier.

I'm definitely not loving the way the thumb safety works and I absolutely HATE the magazine disconnect.

Last edited by Hodgie; December 31st, 2019 at 01:13 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Please also note*

* This firearm is designed for the use of High velocity ammo and may not cycle properly otherwise*

^Per ruger on Facebook

Meh. I see no point to this gun. .22lr is not a reliable SD round. The sights on this make it a mediocre plinker, at best. There are better options for a .22lr range toy like the Taurus TX-22 or the S&W M&P 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Meh. I see no point to this gun. .22lr is not a reliable SD round. The sights on this make it a mediocre plinker, at best. There are better options for a .22lr range toy like the Taurus TX-22 or the S&W M&P 22.
    The only issue with some of the others you mention like the TX22 is the full size double stack grip. I have a 12 year old daughter who cannot get a good grip at all on the double stacks. The Ruger is really a training gun for those who carry an LCP which is a hell of a lot of people, those same people probably don't shoot it much because of the snappy recoil so this offers them a soft shooting much cheaper option to practice with which isn't a bad thing.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Please also note*

* This firearm is designed for the use of High velocity ammo and may not cycle properly otherwise*

^Per ruger on Facebook
    I wouldn't be surprised if Galloway Precision comes out with a captured recoil spring assembly that will bump up the reliability with all ammunition. Their recoil spring takes the SR22 from pretty reliable with various ammo to very reliable with various ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Galloway Precision comes out with a captured recoil spring assembly that will bump up the reliability with all ammunition. Their recoil spring takes the SR22 from pretty reliable with various ammo to very reliable with various ammo.
    In the video I posted above the shooter went through 300 rounds of standard velocity ammunition with only a failure or two where the primers were struck but the round did not fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast