Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: PUBLIC AUCTION SALE OF FIREARMS - MILITARY & RELATED - SEPTEMBER 21ST

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    OK guy, you don't like auctions... we get it. Some of us have done well at auctions as well as at gun shows, so time to take a break. You are not making yourself look good for possible future customers by bad mouthing a potential competitor. BTW I have NO horse in this race, just responding to a bad trend I see.
    Ok guy, you don’t like someone stating an opinion. Odd stance as you have no horse in the race. That being said, I too have done well at auctions and shows. But no need to spend extra money on things that shouldn’t be charged for. I think we can all agree on that. I don’t care what the auction houses do, I just seem to make out better at o es that don’t charge extra fees. Those are the ones that usually get really good stuff to sell as well. I’m not telling anyone what to do with their money or where to spend it so no need to get all offended here.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: PUBLIC AUCTION SALE OF FIREARMS - MILITARY & RELATED - SEPTEMBER 21ST

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Ok guy, you don’t like someone stating an opinion. Odd stance as you have no horse in the race. That being said, I too have done well at auctions and shows. But no need to spend extra money on things that shouldn’t be charged for. I think we can all agree on that. I don’t care what the auction houses do, I just seem to make out better at o es that don’t charge extra fees. Those are the ones that usually get really good stuff to sell as well. I’m not telling anyone what to do with their money or where to spend it so no need to get all offended here.
    I was not offended, I was just thinking the way you stated your 'opinion' was a bit much. I actually agree that buyer's premiums suck, but they are fact of life at a lot of places.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    12% buyers penalty. That’s just an auctioneer double dipping. Charging the consignor and the buyer fees and will probably hit you for a background check fee for each firearm sold when they only make one call. This crap is why I stopped going to auctioneers that did this stuff years ago.
    Yea really , I don't give these types of auctions a second look !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12