Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: 150 judges that Hillary did not appoint

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    The next honest politician I meet PERIOD, will be my 1st.

Let me know when you meet the first honest person.

I'll be waiting.
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I have heard that the third circuit court at least had the potential to lean to the right, at least based on Presidential appointment. Trump has appointed 4 sofar.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I have heard that the third circuit court at least had the potential to lean to the right, at least based on Presidential appointment. Trump has appointed 4 sofar.
    This fact gives me hope that another 4 years of President Trump would enable the people of the occupied PRNJ to push back, through the federal courts system, against the insane gun laws they have there.

Just imagine what President Trump could accomplish if the republican machine would stand with him instead of stabbing him in the back every chance they get.

Et tu Brute?
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Let me know when you meet the first honest person.

I'll be waiting.
    Huh ??? I know lots of honest people. Some are even in this group. Your reply make no sense. But you keep waiting....I am leaving for Cancun tomorrow so maybe when I get back you can have an answer that make sense.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'd rather shoot a hole in my foot with that 45 in my avatar than vote for a democrat. I'm doing everything I can to inspire or piss off gun owners so they'll get off their fat lazy asses and go fucking vote. I'm trying everything I know.
    I could use a back scratch, but not a maglite upside the head. So I'll just vote Republican and not bring it up.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Huh ??? I know lots of honest people. Some are even in this group. Your reply make no sense. But you keep waiting....I am leaving for Cancun tomorrow so maybe when I get back you can have an answer that make sense.
    Bring me back a hubcap.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Just imagine what President Trump could accomplish if the republican machine would stand with him instead of stabbing him in the back every chance they get.

Et tu Brute?
    Absolutely.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

The number is now up to 157! Likely will increase by a few more in about a week or two. This beautiful trend is having the PBS NewsHour sounding the alarm...

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ho...-the-2020-race

By Lisa Desjardins:

Vote by vote, Republicans are quietly reshaping federal courts. ... With this vote yesterday, the Republican Senate confirmed Justin Walker as the 157th Trump appointee to get a lifetime position on the federal bench. More on him in a minute.

First about that number, 157 federal judges confirmed. That is on par with figures for the presidents Clinton and Bush at this point in their terms, but it's at least 40 percent more than President Obama confirmed by this time, according to analysis by the Brookings Institution.

This is a rally cry for President Trump.

President Donald Trump: "We will have a record number of judges."

If so, it will be thanks to Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell, whose chamber decides the fate of nominees. And he is playing the long game.

Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.: "I have always believed the single most powerful way the U.S. Senate can positively impact the country's future is through our role in confirming lifetime appointments to the federal courts."

First, McConnell blocked President Obama's nominees toward the end of his term, leaving dozens of vacancies for the next president.

And then, this spring, McConnell changed Senate rules to cut debate time for most judges from 30 hours each to just two hours. Since that rules change, the Senate is now a nomination factory. It is the body's main function.

Jacqueline Thomsen covers judicial nominations and the federal courts for "The National Law Journal," and sees a breakneck pace.

Jacqueline Thomsen: "It's just happening so fast that there just isn't even time for anybody to take a step back and think about the nominees that they're voting for on the scale that they were able to before."

Where President Trump particularly has crushed all other modern presidents is at the appeals court level, the level below the Supreme Court. Not yet three years into his presidency, already, nearly one-quarter of all appeals court judges are Trump appointees. And those courts decide thousands of pivotal cases.

Federal courts have determined the fates of immigrant families and abortion policy, and regularly rule on laws about schools and workplaces alike.

Now Republicans are not just focusing on numbers of judges, but also on confirming much younger ones.

Again, "The National Law Journal"'s Jacqueline Thomsen: "We're seeing people in their 40s, not their 60s, getting nominated. So that means that they're going to be on the court for a while, and that they're really going to be able to shape the law in a way that lasts for far beyond the time that they are even on the bench."

This brings us back to Justin Walker, confirmed as a federal district judge yesterday. Walker is just 37 years old, a law professor at the University of Louisville. He is admired by Republicans, but, as Democrats point out, he has never tried a case as a lawyer.

That lack of courtroom experience drew an automatic not qualified rating from the nonpartisan American Bar Association. That is something that derailed nominees in the past, but no more.

Walker is the fifth Trump nominee to get on the federal bench, despite being rated unqualified by the ABA. And the Senate is poised to vote on a sixth such nominee soon. To Republicans, the ABA is outdated and not the point. McConnell sees each new conservative judge as a political win which will outlive him, this president and presidents after that.

And this is an issue that fires up Republican voters, something the Trump campaign is counting on next year.

Mike Pence: "Four more years mean more judges. (CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)"

Jacqueline Thomsen: "They're able to say, we took an entire branch of the federal government, and we reshaped it in our image to reflect our values. And we didn't just do it for today and tomorrow. We did it for your children and your children's children."

McConnell and the Senate show no signs of slowing. It's set to vote on another group of President Trump's nominees as soon as next week.
    Indeed, Four more years mean more judges.

Also worth remembering is how big a role Mitch McConnell, who has plenty of detractors on this forum, is playing in enabling these results. Starting from saving Antonin Scalia's vacancy for Neil Gorsuch, McConnell has played this political chess match with great skill. He is really underappreciated in the pro-2A community, IMO.

(Wayne County)

Asian Americans for Trump 2020!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast