Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: NEW BILL WOULD REQUIRE GUN OWNERS TO GET 5 YEAR FEDERAL LICENSE

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeSteve View Post
    Then why does the NRA spend the money they do to keep politicians from closing the gun show loophole?
    Lmao, wow just wow. With that I'll take Walleye's recommendation and not bother with this thread.

My Farm away from crazy people, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Are you aware that the current background check system was developed with the cooperation of the NRA as a way to preserve gun rights and exclude those who should not have them? This is plain wrong.
    To add to this one.... I spent a bunch of time in the Pharmaceutical industry. When there was a high level of support for regulating the industry to stop us from paying doctors to write our drugs instead of writing our competitors drugs, the industry did the same thing. We worked with the gov't and wrote our own regulations. We gave up a little, but left ourselves shit-tons of work arounds. Everyone was happy...Congress got to act like they did something to help grandma, the public was never going to read a huge legal agreement so they stupidly felt like something good happened, and we had to call MD's "speakers" to pay them instead of just straight out paying the most easily bought of them outright. Everyone wins except the ignorant public. The reason industries write their own regulations is to avoid real regulation.... when you cross money (Lobbying) and politics, this is what we get.

(Mifflin County)

Then why does the NRA spend the money they do to keep politicians from closing the gun show loophole?
    There is no "Gun show loophole " , a pure twisted phrase used by the Gun grabbers .

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Lmao, wow just wow. With that I'll take Walleye's recommendation and not bother with this thread.
    I guess I don't understand what the big problem with that is.... did something change with gunshows that I don't know about (which I certainly admit is possible), or was there just no better answer to this than trying to dismiss it by lumping it in with unconnected arguments? What is the problem with requiring non-FFL people selling (multiple) guns at a show to follow the regulations of dealers with a brick and mortar store?

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    There is no "Gun show loophole " , a pure twisted phrase used by the Gun grabbers .
    This may be the case.... I honestly don't know the law that well -- I hear the term "gun show loophole" and assume there is one. If there's not, great. I've been to one gun show ever, so I don't make any claims of really knowing how that works. I could be buying in to something I commonly hear without really understanding it. I don't argue that possibility at all.

(Montgomery County)

This may be the case.... I honestly don't know the law that well -- I hear the term "gun show loophole" and assume there is one. If there's not, great. I've been to one gun show ever, so I don't make any claims of really knowing how that works. I could be buying in to something I commonly hear without really understanding it. I don't argue that possibility at all.
    Maybe you should learn what you're talking about before spouting nonsense. You know, since you're educated and all.

(Mifflin County)

The left wants uneducated folks to believe you can go to a gunshow and buy an Ar without paper work . Just not true , The dealers are set up there just as if they were in their shop . You will fill out a 4473 and the dealer will call in to confirm you are not prohibited .

(Lancaster County)

...and you call us "uneducated".
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Maybe you should learn what you're talking about before spouting nonsense. You know, since you're educated and all.
    And that's what a dick looks like..... I didn't spout nonsense.... I admitted I'm open minded and don't know everything about every subject. These are two different things. Because I haven't heard a single thing supporting the side of there not really being a loophole (aside from one non-dickish comment telling me there isn't one), I will for now maintain my belief that it's not imaginary and non-FFL holders can sell guns at gunshows without a background check. If someone ever shows me that's not the case...awesome. Otherwise, I stand by my brilliant counterpoint above that the NRA would support Osama fucking Bin Laden buying guns if a mfg could sell them to him. But hey....when you're wrong and don't have anything....just say something dickish, right?

The gunshow loophole is a fiction. It is a false name given to a non problem by those that support universal background checks and registration.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast