Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Farm away from crazy people, Pennsylvania

Default Re: NEW BILL WOULD REQUIRE GUN OWNERS TO GET 5 YEAR FEDERAL LICENSE

I don't know the details of Booker's "plan".... so I'm not judging anything. When reading something about any gun control proposal on a forum, I always fully expect it to be twisted to make it sound worse than what it is. I love my guns, have hunted and collected all my life, and have started my children shooting from 5 years old (with heavy supervision obviously). I don't like where we are today. Special interest groups (largely the NRA, who I canceled my membership with) have put immense amounts of work and money into creating an us vs them mentality, where gun owners think if we give up the right for a 19 year old kid who has zero training and a criminal record to walk in and buy an AR-15 and 12 mags, it's a "slippery slope" to taking my great grandpa's exposed hammer SxS 12 gauge off my fireplace. It's just not. We NEED common sense gun laws. I don't know about Booker's plan, but I know we need something happening. I think some version of making sure people who are buying guns know how to safely fire them and have good intentions is a reasonable place to start.

(York County)

Its been said before but I'll repeat it again.

These bills are examples of an ultimate wish list for the likes of Booker.

Of course he (and others like him) would settle for just something like a federal registry, or any small part of a comprehensive plan in order to keep "working on" something to make all Americans lives safer. The disregard someone like Booker appears to have for both the law abiding people out there who are gun owners, and reality of how many privately owned guns out there is just breathtaking. And yes, Booker would start with the evil black guns, but move on just everyday sporting guns in short order. He doesn't care, guns = bad.

Please take my comments with the utter cynicism with which I've written them.
    Last edited by Ecclectic Collector; September 15th, 2019 at 07:41 AM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeSteve View Post
    ...where gun owners think if we give up the right for a 19 year old kid who has zero training and a criminal record to walk in and buy an AR-15 and 12 mags, it's a "slippery slope" to taking my great grandpa's exposed hammer SxS 12 gauge off my fireplace. It's just not. We NEED common sense gun laws. I don't know about Booker's plan, but I know we need something happening. I think some version of making sure people who are buying guns know how to safely fire them and have good intentions is a reasonable place to start.
    Talk about twisted to make it sound worse. A 19 year old with a criminal record cannot walk in and buy any gun. There is already a law for that. Training has nothing to do with your right to keep and bear arms. Do you think that we have mass killings because the killer was not trained?
    The "we need to do something" trope is a democrat liberal push to confiscate even if it is one small step at a time. We do NOT need to do something other than enforce existing law and stop coddling gangs and criminals. There is NOT a gun problem in the US. It is all media hype and libtard whining using inflated numbers that do not reflect reality.

(Montgomery County)

I don't know the details of Booker's "plan".... so I'm not judging anything. When reading something about any gun control proposal on a forum, I always fully expect it to be twisted to make it sound worse than what it is. I love my guns, have hunted and collected all my life, and have started my children shooting from 5 years old (with heavy supervision obviously). I don't like where we are today. Special interest groups (largely the NRA, who I canceled my membership with) have put immense amounts of work and money into creating an us vs them mentality, where gun owners think if we give up the right for a 19 year old kid who has zero training and a criminal record to walk in and buy an AR-15 and 12 mags, it's a "slippery slope" to taking my great grandpa's exposed hammer SxS 12 gauge off my fireplace. It's just not. We NEED common sense gun laws. I don't know about Booker's plan, but I know we need something happening. I think some version of making sure people who are buying guns know how to safely fire them and have good intentions is a reasonable place to start.
    Where's that popcorn eating emoji when you need it.

Eta: starts off with "I don't know what's in the bill, but..." and then throws in "I'm a hunter". Where have we seen that before?
    Last edited by DK23; September 15th, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

Hmm... well lets start with he obvious. You state "19 yo kid walk in and buy... with a criminal record" You do realize that NICS would prevent this right? Criminals are already prohibited persons. this kind of shit only happens in the minds of brainwashed liberals.
    "With no training" by adding "training" as a pre condition to bearing arms its an infringement at its basic definition. Chicago passed several laws after a court decision to allow a permitting process to obtaining a firearm, and placed mandatory training and competency in the checklists. The city of chicago bans all and any shooting ranges in the city limits and the closest ones were over 20 miles away. So how were inner city people supposed to complete the processes for just purchasing a firearm? The hours and times for interviews were also limited to business hours, so a working person would need to take unpaid time off, creating another hardship.
    The NRA has NOT been the ones instrumental in the /Us .V. them Remember Obama and the bitter clingers statement? and the relentless efforts to reinstate the assault weapons ban by Holder with the fast and furious debacle? I don't know how old you are, but there was several instances back in the 80's and 90's where BATF killed people with extrajudiciary actions at WACO and Ruby ridge. There were also instaces where the BATF would raid the homes of Law abiding citizens and confiscate their firearms under the guise of the war on drugs as suspected drug dealers, telling them to "Take us to court" it was cheaper to replace those weapons than to go through the whole court process.
    " we NEED common sense gun laws" We already have hundreds of laws on the books, Let me quote Biden " we need more gun laws because we don't enforce the ones we already have" So please how would "common sense gun laws" look?
    Mental health checks? already on the books,
    Prohibit violent persons? The PFA laws in Pennsylvania are already in place that prohibit abusive persons from possessing guns,
    Criminal background checks? Already on the books.
    Tell me what more is "Common sense"? Law abiding citizens prohibited from owning an AR-15? 2nd amendment buddy read it. Shall not be infringed upon. Its already common sense
    What happens when we decide that the government has become too powerful? they going to give us our guns back?
    The media has blown the "gun violence" narrative out of proportion, the sheep are terified that there is an "Epidemic of gun violence" FBI statistics says No it has been declining since the 90's.
    The statistics are purposlely skewed to include "Suicides", Deaths by mutual combat, read Gangbanger vs gangbanger) and any shooting in a "gun free zone" 1000 yards around a school as a school shooting.
    Before you spout the "Common sense gun control laws you better read up on the truth, the left has already spouted " High powered sniper rifle" when referring to a scoped hunting rifle. If you think that they will stop at any assault rifle, you sir are sadly mistaken. There is a multi million dollar industry surrounding the advancement of gun confiscation, and they have to be gainfully employed.

The narrative is to paint the modern sporting rifle as a "weapon of war" is incorrect. The AR15 and semi automatic AK47 available to the general public are not military firearms. They might look scary and militaristic, but they are not fully automatic.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; September 15th, 2019 at 08:59 AM.

. . . . We NEED common sense gun laws. I don't know about Booker's plan, but I know we need something happening. I think some version of making sure people who are buying guns know how to safely fire them and have good intentions is a reasonable place to start.
    We HAVE common sense gun laws -- more than necessary. They go unenforced and, when prosecuted, are usually plea bargained away. We do not need a single new one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Talk about twisted to make it sound worse. A 19 year old with a criminal record cannot walk in and buy any gun. There is already a law for that. Training has nothing to do with your right to keep and bear arms. Do you think that we have mass killings because the killer was not trained?
    The "we need to do something" trope is a democrat liberal push to confiscate even if it is one small step at a time. We do NOT need to do something other than enforce existing law and stop coddling gangs and criminals. There is NOT a gun problem in the US. It is all media hype and libtard whining using inflated numbers that do not reflect reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Where's that popcorn eating emoji when you need it.

Eta: starts off with "I don't know what's in the bill, but..." and then throws in "I'm a hunter". Where have we seen that before?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Hmm... well lets start with he obvious. You state "19 yo kid walk in and buy... with a criminal record" You do realize that NICS would prevent this right? Criminals are already prohibited persons. this kind of shit only happens in the minds of brainwashed liberals.
    "With no training" by adding "training" as a pre condition to bearing arms its an infringement at its basic definition. Chicago passed several laws after a court decision to allow a permitting process to obtaining a firearm, and placed mandatory training and competency in the checklists. The city of chicago bans all and any shooting ranges in the city limits and the closest ones were over 20 miles away. So how were inner city people supposed to complete the processes for just purchasing a firearm? The hours and times for interviews were also limited to business hours, so a working person would need to take unpaid time off, creating another hardship.
    The NRA has NOT been the ones instrumental in the /Us .V. them Remember Obama and the bitter clingers statement? and the relentless efforts to reinstate the assault weapons ban by Holder with the fast and furious debacle? I don't know how old you are, but there was several instances back in the 80's and 90's where BATF killed people with extrajudiciary actions at WACO and Ruby ridge. There were also instaces where the BATF would raid the homes of Law abiding citizens and confiscate their firearms under the guise of the war on drugs as suspected drug dealers, telling them to "Take us to court" it was cheaper to replace those weapons than to go through the whole court process.
    " we NEED common sense gun laws" We already have hundreds of laws on the books, Let me quote Biden " we need more gun laws because we don't enforce the ones we already have" So please how "Common sense gun laws "
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    We HAVE common sense gun laws -- more than necessary. They go unenforced and, when prosecuted, are usually plea bargained away. We do not need a single new one.
    God bless you guys, you have more patience than I do, I wouldn't waste my time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    God bless you guys, you have more patience than I do, I wouldn't waste my time.
    Lol, it's Sunday morning and nothing good on tv.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Lol, it's Sunday morning and nothing good on tv.
    Don't you have ROKU? The Beverly Hillbillies series 1 and 2 are on.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

'Former Mayor of Newark' is all anyone needs to know about Booker.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast