Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Carbon County)

Default Re: PGC- if you kill ALL the deer they can't have CWD

I worked with a lot of 5C guys and there was a rumor going around the first year the tags sold out. Rumor was the tree huggers bought them out. Could be. Plenty of Pinko Commies down there. I would not rely on "Data" too much. Ever see those white and black outline maps the Game Commission puts out to show deer harvests? During the big deer slaughter there was one on the back of a Game News and it showed about 500 deer killed for crop damage that year for the whole state. That would have been a 5-10 mile radius at that time. The PA Game Commission lies and twists numbers all the time. Before the big deer slaughter the PA Game Commission quoted there was 38 deer per square wooded mile. It was published in newspapers. Years later I was flat out told there never was such a thing said by a Game Commission rep. Same thing with doe report cards. There used to be a question on it asking if the deer was killed on private property or public land. That stopped after ALT ruined thousands of acres of PA public land and hunters were in an uproar. The rep denied there was any such thing. I think the Game Commission is finally on the right track. They are doing a lot of controlled burning around here and doing selective logging instead of raping the woods and letting scrap grow back. Hopefully all those thieving rascals that quickly resigned when there was accusations of misuse and misappropriation are gone for good.
    Last edited by Gunplummer; September 22nd, 2019 at 08:07 PM.