Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: PGC- if you kill ALL the deer they can't have CWD

I worked with a lot of 5C guys and there was a rumor going around the first year the tags sold out. Rumor was the tree huggers bought them out. Could be. Plenty of Pinko Commies down there. I would not rely on "Data" too much. Ever see those white and black outline maps the Game Commission puts out to show deer harvests? During the big deer slaughter there was one on the back of a Game News and it showed about 500 deer killed for crop damage that year for the whole state. That would have been a 5-10 mile radius at that time. The PA Game Commission lies and twists numbers all the time. Before the big deer slaughter the PA Game Commission quoted there was 38 deer per square wooded mile. It was published in newspapers. Years later I was flat out told there never was such a thing said by a Game Commission rep. Same thing with doe report cards. There used to be a question on it asking if the deer was killed on private property or public land. That stopped after ALT ruined thousands of acres of PA public land and hunters were in an uproar. The rep denied there was any such thing. I think the Game Commission is finally on the right track. They are doing a lot of controlled burning around here and doing selective logging instead of raping the woods and letting scrap grow back. Hopefully all those thieving rascals that quickly resigned when there was accusations of misuse and misappropriation are gone for good.
    Last edited by Gunplummer; September 22nd, 2019 at 08:07 PM.

(Lehigh County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Take off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Noah

Many, many Years ago pleaded with PGC leadership to ban the use of possibly CWD infected urine in PA to prevent the CWD infection

One infected CWD batch of bottled farm raised deer urine shipped in to PA could start hundreds of brush fire with infected deer over vast areas of PA
    personally I suspect that is how the infection in PA started

a studied of CWD deer infected in an enclosure were all killed the ground laid fallowed for two years.

CWD free deer were reintroduced into fenced in enclosure, they ALL became CWD infected!

once CWD gets into the ground and environment unfortunately Noah_Zark solution is the only sure way

what could help limited the spread

some common sense solutions the PGC could do but won't

kill the older deer - remove antler restrictions to pre 2000 with 3" or long antlers

a older infected CWD buck will spread the disease more than does will
    ......bucks have a larger home range than does do, the area bucks travel expands especially during mating season

BAN the use of deer urine for hunting in PA NOW!
    to prevent anymore possible outbreaks

currently the PGC only bans deer urine use in already CWD infected area. (close the barn door after the fact does what?)

don't expect PGC leadership to do any of the above

wait to the ELK herd gets infected

PGC is late to the party to do something constructive about CWD as usual its about always turning a coin with them 1st

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    Thanks for the link. Answered my question on vaccination as an option. The vaccines they’ve tried produced delays in symptom development but not prevention.
    -----Original Message-----
    To: BSE-L <BSE-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG>
    Sent: Sun, Oct 13, 2019 11:11 am
    Subject: Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion VACCINE UPDATE

Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion VACCINE UPDATE

https://youtu.be/SjxKLMBx4MU

MONDAY, OCTOBER 07, 2019

Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) and Government Response Congressional Research Service May 17, 2019

https://chronic-wasting-disease.blog...e-cwd-and.html

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/

terry

(Huntingdon County)

I think this would be a good start to a zombie movie!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    A few evenings ago, my neighbor counted 44 deer in one herd in one of our fields. They ate all of my neighbor's alfalfa and have damaged her corn crop.

I have a stack of doe tags and have invited a friend who also has a stack to hunt here this year. We're going to try to thin it out a bit. Later today we're going to be looking at places to add some more tree stands. I've talked to my neighbors, and they also see the need to thin the herd this year instead of just hunting trophies. After we take care of our own freezers and those of our neighbors, excess harvest will be given to HSH. A couple of us have offered to transport any excess harvest for our neighbors.

Development is out of control in neighboring East Marlborough Township. It is pushing the deer population toward us. Our township has no development going on, doesn't want development, and the major percentage of land is in conservation. Adding to the problem is the fact that over the last 10 years or so, almost all of the land in our township has been posted because of hunters who have been disrespectful of their hosts and employed bad hunting practices. Even though there are plenty of deer for all of us, I don't want these idjits anywhere near me, my family or our livestock. Virtually all of my neighbors have come to the same conclusion.
    I've got tags for 5C & 5D I'd be glad to come help your neighbor out.

All of eastern Chester county feels like its being over developed and pushing all the animals, not just deer onto roadways and neighborhoods. I had a fox chasing a cat and scretching outside my bedroom window the other night.

I would love to just hunt the area around my house but I agree some idiots ruin it for everyone and no one wants hunters around here anymore. People firing at anything that moves. Destroying property, its ridiculous.

(Berks County)

Herd numbers here are waaaayyyyyyy down. Four years ago there would be herds of 24+ seen at any given time but the most I've seen this year is 5 so far.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Once again the "We have too many deer, look at all the auto accidents" yet also "We don't have enough deer to let you hunt more than two weeks a year and no modern rifles" thing.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123