Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Requirements when ordering a stripped lower receiver for a pistol build.

I'm ordering a stripped lower receiver for a pistol build. Do I have to have the shipping dealer or receiving FFL note anything specific on the order so I can legally assemble a pistol with it?
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Requirements when ordering a stripped lower receiver for a pistol build.

I believe nothing special other than making sure the FFL is willing to receive your ordered lower .
    And once you fill out NICS and get green light and pay whatever transfer fees it's up to you !

Either pistol or long gun if I'm wrong someone else will chime in.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Requirements when ordering a stripped lower receiver for a pistol build.

Once you have it and buid it, document it as a pistol then if you change your mind you are able to build a rifle with it and then change it back to a pistol.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Lehigh County)

Lowers are ‘others’ and are not pistols or rifles until they are assembled into a complete weapon. They are transferred as other on the 4475 and that is it.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Once you have it and buid it, document it as a pistol then if you change your mind you are able to build a rifle with it and then change it back to a pistol.
    YES! This too!!!

I never thought to do it with another lower I built into a pistol, but this next one will be photographed in it's "virgin" form so it can be seen that there are no marks internally from adding a LPK. Then photographed in pistol form.

As stated above, a pistol can be changed into a rifle, and again back into a pistol if you so desire.
    If it starts as a rifle, that lower must always remain as a rifle.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Lowers are ‘others’ and are not pistols or rifles until they are assembled into a complete weapon. They are transferred as other on the 4475 and that is it.
    This. The end.

Buy the lower and build it like a friggin Leggo kit - the one the rich kids parents would buy them.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clinton County)

Stripped lowers can also be sold face to face.

This is in reference to a listing I saw.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    YES! This too!!!

I never thought to do it with another lower I built into a pistol, but this next one will be photographed in it's "virgin" form so it can be seen that there are no marks internally from adding a LPK. Then photographed in pistol form.

As stated above, a pistol can be changed into a rifle, and again back into a pistol if you so desire.
    If it starts as a rifle, that lower must always remain as a rifle.
    You should be in the picture with a newspaper.

Naked.

Don't forget to post it here.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Its not the lpk that makes it one or the other. Its the attachment of the upper and whats on or not on the buffer tube. Rifles have stocks and non nfa have barrel length of atleast 16 inches. Pistols don't have stocks and are less than 26 inches oal.

Take this with a grain of salt as I am not a lawyer and I don't have perfect recall.

Over 26 vpg ok under no go unless sbr.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast