https://m.facebook.com/events/356058251943223?acontext=%7B"ref"%3A"98"%2C"action _history"%3A"null"%7D&aref=98

I am really excited to finally be offering this course! I've been working on it as time allowed for a year and a half and it's time to set it free.

Essentially, it is everything that you need to know if you ever find yourself in a critical incident. It covers severe bleeding control, head, neck and spinal stabilization, scene/rescuer safety, victim assessment, emergency moves and a bunch of other stuff. It's the class that you've always wanted or similar to.classes.that you have already taken, just not so boring and rolled together into one cohesive package.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"I never thought that it could happen here!"

Whether involved in a school bus wreck or an active shooter attack, “regular,” everyday people often find themselves confronted with sudden, emergency trauma and mass casualty events. These events often initially overwhelm local Emergency Services until additional help can be activated. During these critical situations, the well-being, and often survival, of those who are injured lies in the training of those bystanders who are present during these initial moments. This type of medical care, provided before Emergency Medical Services arrive, is known as First Care. This class will introduce students to First Care concepts including emergency/mass casualty/critical incident considerations, scene safety, how to interact with 911/EMS, as well as introduce the students to active shooter/anti-terror concepts. Students will also learn the “hands on” skills of victim/patient assessment, severe bleeding control and emergency moves.

The class will be held on Saturday, October 19, 2019, at the Lackawanna College Environmental Education Center, 93 Mackenzie Rd., Moscow, PA 18444, and will run from 9 am to 5 pm. This course is appropriate for students aged 14 to adult. The cost of the course is $80/person. Students are required to pre-register prior to Wednesday, October 16, 2019, to secure a seat, as seating will be limited to 20 students.

To register, email your request to SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com. For further information regarding the course, email the address above or call Mike at (570)955-8391.