Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: So, How many guns are there?

There are at least 300 million guns in private hands, and 270 million cars. About 10K Americans are killed with guns per year, another 20K kill themselves with guns, so roughly 30K murders, suicides, and justified shootings per year; there are about 35K-40K vehicular deaths per year, including all accidents, homicides and suicides-by-car.

There are fewer cars than guns, but cars kill more.

Meaning that any car is more likely to kill someone than any gun.

We have to ban cars. We need to register them and license all owners, because that would save lives on the highway. There should be mandatory training and testing, annual "driver fees", with licenses required and rigorous rules on use and possession. Because more government always fixes every problem.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

i saw the wrong in my gun owning ways and sold everything except my duty weapon to pay for my property tax like a good citizen.
    it disgusts me but earns a good living.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I just want a good, wet bottom shoo fly pie.
    Sounds excellent, although this time of year I am getting ready for some pumpkin pie

(Monroe County)

Not today ISIS.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

I think I might have 1 or 2.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(York County)

For what's worth:

How many guns are estimated to be in the United States?

As of 2017, Gallup found that 42 percent of American households reported owning guns. With an estimated 118 million households in the United States, per the U.S. Census, that would mean that the country's 393 million guns are distributed among 50 million households.Jun 19, 2018
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

42% is amazing if true. Just imagine if they all voted pro-gun.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Did all the criminals answer honestly?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    For what's worth:

How many guns are estimated to be in the United States?

As of 2017, Gallup found that 42 percent of American households reported owning guns. With an estimated 118 million households in the United States, per the U.S. Census, that would mean that the country's 393 million guns are distributed among 50 million households.Jun 19, 2018
    I've been using 400 million on Twitter based on the Small Arms Survey which last put us at 393 million.

Ordinary American people buy approximately 14 million new and imported guns every year,” Mr Karp told a news conference at UN headquarters in New York.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8406941.html
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There are at least 300 million guns in private hands, and 270 million cars. About 10K Americans are killed with guns per year, another 20K kill themselves with guns, so roughly 30K murders, suicides, and justified shootings per year; there are about 35K-40K vehicular deaths per year, including all accidents, homicides and suicides-by-car.

There are fewer cars than guns, but cars kill more.

Meaning that any car is more likely to kill someone than any gun.

We have to ban cars. We need to register them and license all owners, because that would save lives on the highway. There should be mandatory training and testing, annual "driver fees", with licenses required and rigorous rules on use and possession. Because more government always fixes every problem.
    Besides banning cars, we should force car owners to register their wheels and mufflers, due to the speed and silence, by which they can creep up on unsuspecting people and scare the bee-jesus out of them...that is a must.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast