Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Open Carry Freedom Festival in Pike County October 12-13

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I tried to go Sunday afternoon but they had to stop ferrying people up because it was overcrowded. Plus I learned that there were a lot of first timers, language barrier issues that made controlling the range more challenging. I heard that one woman stepped out over the firing line to take a picture of someone shooting -- that sort of stuff. No one got hurt that I knew about. I figured that it was not worth waiting to find myself in that mix.
    A few of us were invited up on Sunday and we didn't see anything like that. When we got up there everyone was in a line waiting their turn. The entire covered firing line area was clear of anyone not shooting. Only shooters and range officers were allowed on the concrete pad area at the line.

There were a couple MG42s, an MG34, two M60s, MP40, a few Thompsons, an RPK, and quite a few other toys.
    Last edited by AirportFF; October 15th, 2019 at 08:53 AM.

Howdy, folks.

I'm cross-posting here because there are two threads related to this event - the other being in the Pike section.

I've been asked by the management team at the ROIFF to solicit feedback from you on what we did wrong, what we did right, what we could do better, and what you'd like to see for next year's festival.

Yes, we did drop the ball on communicating the rules on OC. As one of you noted, that was corrected once we realized the confusion. When working through volunteers, not all messages are correctly interpreted. We'll do better the next time.

Please do let us know what you think. We're anxious to make this a banner event for the region.

Thanks!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROIFF View Post
    Howdy, folks.

I'm cross-posting here because there are two threads related to this event - the other being in the Pike section.

I've been asked by the management team at the ROIFF to solicit feedback from you on what we did wrong, what we did right, what we could do better, and what you'd like to see for next year's festival.

Yes, we did drop the ball on communicating the rules on OC. As one of you noted, that was corrected once we realized the confusion. When working through volunteers, not all messages are correctly interpreted. We'll do better the next time.

Please do let us know what you think. We're anxious to make this a banner event for the region.

Thanks!
    I only attended Sat.

Here are my initial opinions of Sat.
    The only things I think that should be addressed in future events are:

• The speaker tent was too near the stage. Hence the speaker (person) was over powered by the band on stage.
      Perhaps move the Speaker tent to around the corner of the building ?
    • The sound speakers in the speaker tent were behind the speaker (aka person). Which caused feedback through their microphone.
      Could the loud speakers be moved more forward of the person speaking ?
    • I missed out on the autographing by HJ Sean Moon. Line was simply too long.
    • Since the event is located so near to the NJ + NY borders. Could yourselves or a vendor offer mini classes or mini seminars on gun safety and PA gun laws ?
      Outside of the event in my everyday life. My open carry in the Lehigh Valley area attracts lots of questions from people out of state.

I only learned of this event via the two threads on this forum.
    Sorry; I have no idea how to better promote future events.

I consider my above items to be nitpicking.
    You guys did an awesome job !
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ROIFF View Post
    Howdy, folks.

Thanks!
    I took my wife and kids to the event on Sunday at around 1pm, we all enjoyed it and hope to attend future events. A few suggestions I'd like to make are:

Airsoft - There was a potentially interesting-looking airsoft course set up, however it was unmanned and had a 'closed' sign for the duration of our visit. Consider manning it for a set/planned timeframe.

Shooting range - We could hear full-auto shooting at your range in the distance and lots of people being shuttled down to the area. However, there was no signage indicating what was happening at the range, whether attendees could potentially fire or at least observe full auto shooting, etc.. or whether it was by special invitation.

Advertising - I had fortunately seen an ad for the event in the local 'Our Town' magazine I picked up during the summer at the local supermarket near our vacation property which is in the area. Otherwise, I would not have been aware of the event. Consider additional advertising venues in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123