Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

(Pike County)

Exclamation One of our own arrested - please sign the petition!

One of our own and fellow PAFOA member was arrested a few days ago. Details here: https://www.njherald.com/20190908/pa...ssault-weapons

Posting a link to a petition another buddy set up. Not sure how much help it may be to Pete, but at this point I think every little thing could help.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...eE0-_2FiZdTpKA

This has similarities to the case a few years back of a Philly woman getting pulled over in NJ and arrested for possession of a legally owned handgun. Governor Christie ended up pardoning her.

Anyway, grateful if you could share the petition with others. There's also a possibility of a Go Fund Me being setup to assist with legal defense costs. Should that happen, details will also be posted here.

Edit: Go Fund Me is now active for donations to Pete's legal defense. https://www.gofundme.com/f/free-pete..._co_campmgmt_m
    Last edited by amstel78; September 10th, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Default Re: One of our own arrested - please sign the petition!

Up to 28 mother fuckin years for crossing an invisible line. This is a real travesty of justice.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Up to 28 mother fuckin years for crossing an invisible line. This is a real travesty of justice.
    Yep. It was a stupid mistake on Pete's part, but I know the man and he isn't a criminal. If they convict him, his life is as good as over.

If anyone has an inside line with the NRA legal team, let them know about what's happening here. Perhaps they can help by providing an attorney pro bono?

(Wayne County)

Done, I was #4.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Up to 28 mother fuckin years for crossing an invisible line the Delaware river. This is a real travesty of justice.
    Fixed that for you.

Based on the accused background he should have known better.

It's bullshit, but its the law, and if you live that close you have to be that much more vigilant.

this really is a pickle. it's like walking past the "beware of dog" sign and getting bit.
    it isn't like the last cases where someone was given their carry-on and checked firearm because a plane landed in the wrong spot.
    or tucked a gun away to hide it from a kid and forgot about it.
    or made a wrong turn and wound up in trouble.

really would like to hear his side, guess we have to wait for him to sort it with the lawyer first.
    will be following, hopefully it doesn't take as long as the last case i followed, the monroe county sheriff lawsuit.
    where it runs 5 years, goes pretty much dark and still isn't settled.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    this really is a pickle. it's like walking past the "beware of dog" sign and getting bit.
    it isn't like the last cases where someone was given their carry-on and checked firearm because a plane landed in the wrong spot.
    or tucked a gun away to hide it from a kid and forgot about it.
    or made a wrong turn and wound up in trouble.

really would like to hear his side, guess we have to wait for him to sort it with the lawyer first.
    will be following, hopefully it doesn't take as long as the last case i followed, the monroe county sheriff lawsuit.
    where it runs 5 years, goes pretty much dark and still isn't settled.
    Aw, come on. He crossed the river, not an imaginary line, with firearms and ammo in plain sight. It's not like he made a wrong turn. Crossed into NJ by mistake. He didn't even bother to put his firearms in his trunk, or if a SUV, under a tarp. He knew he was going into NJ, he knew he had ammo not allowed in NJ, and he knew he was not allowed to have firearms in NJ. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Aw, come on. He crossed the river, not an imaginary line, with firearms and ammo in plain sight. It's not like he made a wrong turn. Crossed into NJ by mistake. He didn't even bother to put his firearms in his trunk, or if a SUV, under a tarp. He knew he was going into NJ, he knew he had ammo not allowed in NJ, and he knew he was not allowed to have firearms in NJ. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Point of order:
    He's not getting jacked up because hollow points are defacto illegal.
    He's getting jacked on them because he wasn't within one of the exceptions:
    from place of purchase
    to/from facility to use them (range)
    to/from property you own
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Franklin County)

I don't understand what he was up to, what was he thinking. He is a member here, he apparently goes into NJ alot, what the hell was he doing. He was in violation of so many NJ laws, he said all the wrong things, he had his stuff in clear view, it's like he meant for this to happen. This isn't someone who inadvertently gets snagged by a stray hollow point under the seat or one high capacity mag in the trunk from the last range trip, or an expired permit, or crossed the state line by accident. This guy knowingly travelled into NJ with multiple illegal guns, ammo and mags laying right beside him on the seat, and then when asked if he is going to or from a range he says "no". Something is messed up here.
    The Hostler

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I don't understand what he was up to, what was he thinking. He is a member here, he apparently goes into NJ alot, what the hell was he doing. He was in violation of so many NJ laws, he said all the wrong things, he had his stuff in clear view, it's like he meant for this to happen. This isn't someone who inadvertently gets snagged by a stray hollow point under the seat or one high capacity mag in the trunk from the last range trip, or an expired permit, or crossed the state line by accident. This guy knowingly travelled into NJ with multiple illegal guns, ammo and mags laying right beside him on the seat, and then when asked if he is going to or from a range he says "no". Something is messed up here.
    I can't speak to his frame of mind on that particular day as all the details aren't known yet. What I can tell you is that he's decent human being and I'd be surprised if there was any malicious or ill intent in his actions. Only thing I can think of at this point is complacency. Maybe he's done it before and never having been caught until that day, probably thought the same thing as he got into his truck. Who knows? Time will tell I suppose.

As idiotic and boneheaded a move it was, I still consider him a friend. And in my book, friends don't leave each other in the lurch.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast