Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Default Re: One of our own arrested - please sign the petition!

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    You do not need to give them a reason to pull you over. They can; and will; blatantly falsify a reason.
    Which is precisely why I don't cross the river if at all possible. If I do , I make sure I don't even have an empty .22LR case in the truck.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    No similarities whatsoever! That woman had a LTCF , made a wrong turn inadvertently. An honest mistake and fat-boy Christie was making nice.
    Similarities in the sense that both cases involved PA residents, with legally owned firearms in their vehicles, that happened to get pulled over in Jersey. So at face value, both cases are similar.

But yes, I do see your point when you delve further into the details and there's no argument from me in that Pete should have exercised better judgement. Regardless, I'll reiterate that it's travesty of justice when one can become an instant felon by going over an imaginary line. The words "shall not be infringed" applies to the country as a whole, and NJ's laws are in direct contravention to the constitution.

Despite your personal feelings on the matter, it's my belief that we should try to provide support to our fellow law-abiding 2A brothers and sisters. It could happen to anyone of us, especially if Governor Wolf has his way.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    All of this reads as if New Jersey s nio different than North Korea.
    No , NK knows what to do with foreigners who sneak in illegally.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    NJ's current governor has zero chance of making this go away, he's an anti-gun zealot who prefers illegal aliens to American citizens.

Lesson here: Stay out of NJ.

NJ's largest border is with Pennsylvania, they welcome our business but they treat us like scum. Maybe it's time for all PA residents to boycott NJ, see how they like being an isolated island without any visitors. That worked great when Cuba, sitting just off our shore, was shunned by the largest economy on Earth. I'm sure that NJ will do fine without any commerce from the rest of the USA, except for New Yorkers, and NJ is welcome to them.

For the longest time, NJ refused to allow lawyers from PA or NY to practice in their state, even if licensed, unless they had a full-time office physically located in the state. They hated the fact that Philadelphia and NYC law firms were eating their lunch, so they just passed laws excluding them.

It's a New Jersey tradition to treat outsiders like pariahs, unless the outsiders aren't US citizens or here illegally, in which case they are welcomed like rich relatives.

It's a crazy state. I'm thankful that the Delaware river at least slows the traffic down. A wall would be better.

Attachment 121195
    This needs to be sent to every media outlet within 500 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Similarities in the sense that both cases involved PA residents, with legally owned firearms in their vehicles, that happened to get pulled over in Jersey. So at face value, both cases are similar.

But yes, I do see your point when you delve further into the details and there's no argument from me in that Pete should have exercised better judgement. Regardless, I'll reiterate that it's travesty of justice when one can become an instant felon by going over an imaginary line. The words "shall not be infringed" applies to the country as a whole, and NJ's laws are in direct contravention to the constitution.

Despite your personal feelings on the matter, it's my belief that we should try to provide support to our fellow law-abiding 2A brothers and sisters. It could happen to anyone of us, especially if Governor Wolf has his way.
    Sorry , but he was breaking the law , albeit NJ law , but the law of THAT state nonetheless

If he's a member of this forum , he should have known the repercussions of going there with guns that are illegal there.

And it's not just guns. My motorcycles are perfectly legal and inspected here in PA , BUT , there are things on each of them that are illegal in NJ and will get me pulled over and cuffed on the side of the road , and several expensive tickets to take home with me IF they don't get impounded.

(Pike County)

Sorry , but he was breaking the law , albeit NJ law , but the law of THAT state nonetheless

If he's a member of this forum , he should have known the repercussions of going there with guns that are illegal there.

And it's not just guns. My motorcycles are perfectly legal and inspected here in PA , BUT , there are things on each of them that are illegal in NJ and will get me pulled over and cuffed on the side of the road , and several expensive tickets to take home with me IF they don't get impounded.
    I understand and fully respect your point of view. And yes, I do agree with you that he broke the law if we take today's states' laws into consideration. No argument from me there. But if you will, please allow me to leave you with this hypothetical question:

What do you think would happen if some of the laws our politicians are proposing actually get enacted? What happens if we wake up one day, and all standard capacity magazines are suddenly illegal? Or any rifle with X feature becomes banned? Or if your adjustable Timney trigger in your semi-auto gets reclassified as a machine gun because you can "actuate the trigger faster"? Or there's a mandatory firearm turn-in with no financial compensation? And to top it all off, a full blown state and/or federal registry for all firearms gets created and one cannot transport their guns to and from their homes, places of business, or ranges without first obtaining permission from the PSP?

I bet a lot of people here would say fuck that, then proceed to bury half their guns in the backyard. Well, if and when that day comes (and never say never because it's already happening in the US and other parts of the world), how many of us here are going to be on the wrong side of the law? Would you simply give up your rights and remain quiet? I'd hope not.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    I understand and fully respect your point of view. And yes, I do agree with you that he broke the law if we take today's states' laws into consideration. No argument from me there. But if you will, please allow me to leave you with this hypothetical question:

What do you think would happen if some of the laws our politicians are proposing actually get enacted? What happens if we wake up one day, and all standard capacity magazines are suddenly illegal? Or any rifle with X feature becomes banned? Or if your adjustable Timney trigger in your semi-auto gets reclassified as a machine gun because you can "actuate the trigger faster"? Or there's a mandatory firearm turn-in with no financial compensation? And to top it all off, a full blown state and/or federal registry for all firearms gets created and one cannot transport their guns to and from their homes, places of business, or ranges without first obtaining permission from the PSP?

I bet a lot of people here would say fuck that, then proceed to bury half their guns in the backyard. Well, if and when that day comes (and never say never because it's already happening in the US and other parts of the world), how many of us here are going to be on the wrong side of the law? Would you simply give up your rights and remain quiet? I'd hope not.
    For one, I wouldn't drive around with it sitting in plain view on the passenger seat.

I really gave up on pondering answers to such hypothetical situations. They can go in circles forever and drive ya nutz.

I will cast my vote and deal with whatever happens when it happens in my own way. My Pop always said never get too upset over things which you have no control over.

(Pike County)

My Pop always said never get too upset over things which you have no control over.
    Sounds like a wise man.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Up to 28 mother fuckin years for crossing an invisible line the Delaware river. This is a real travesty of justice.
    Fixed that for you.

Based on the accused background he should have known better.

It's bullshit, but its the law, and if you live that close you have to be that much more vigilant.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast