Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: One of our own arrested - please sign the petition!

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I donated. Knowing the law, what he did was avoidable. That being said, he lives on the border and who knows how many times he ran across the bridge for something with his EDC as part of a routine? How many precious NJ cupcakes were shot because of it?

The problem isn't the person exercising their rights, the problem is the communist regime in NJ and I find that a cause worth fighting against.
    I lived in lower Bucks for 8 years and never once crossed the bridge with a firearm or ammo because I didn't want to get arrested. I feel bad for the guy and obviously don't agree with their laws over there, but even if he gets acquitted or allowed to plead to a lesser charge, the laws aren't going to change. At least not change in our favor. I'll spend my time and money fighting in PA where we may still have a chance.

(Bucks County)

Living that close to the boarder, he should know better. I understand the concept of "honest mistake", but who leaves that many firearms in a truck overnight? Said he was at the range the day before. Didn't think about unloading the truck when he got home? Knowing that he had to go to work in NJ the next day?

I hope something good comes from this and Pete isn't in jail for the next 20 years. I signed, but I doubt the President is going to do anything.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

The only question I have is defense for what? He is going to need to plea to get this down to as little as possible, or hope for a sympathetic DA.

What's his plan? 100k suggests he's going to try to go far. What's the game plan?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

i clench up every time i drive home because this is it.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@40.9893...7i13312!8i6656
    that is the last turn, you pass that and you will be reversing down the highway to take the ticket Vs the imprisonment.
    once you know where you are going it's pretty simple, the one in portland is not.

he should have known better but probably figured he drives every day and doesn't get pulled over so got lazy. or he was trying to make a statement.

petition signed.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

#53. I feel bad for the guy, hope this turns out ok for him.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The only question I have is defense for what? He is going to need to plea to get this down to as little as possible, or hope for a sympathetic DA.

What's his plan? 100k suggests he's going to try to go far. What's the game plan?
    Honestly, I'm not sure at this point. The plan is to get together with other folks this weekend who are all friends with Pete to discuss how best to help him in this situation. Obviously, he'll need a good defense attorney. If he even has a chance of a plea bargain, an attorney worth his or her salt should be able to do that while hopefully minimizing jail time. The ideal outcome would be an acquittal though.

With regards to the fundraiser, I'm not organizing it but I know the individual who is. I'll speak to him as well about how funds are to be used/disbursed based on outcomes and contingencies. At the very least, I'd expect that money to aid Pete's family should the worst happen in terms of a conviction.

I know many of you don't know who Peter is, but I can assure you, the man is not a criminal. He's just another hard working American and 2A supporter who found himself suffering the consequences of an idiotic decision. And yes, we can all debate until we're blue in the face about New Jersey's contemptible gun laws and what Pete should have or not have done, but the fact of the matter is simple. Our rights as gun owners are constantly being eroded to the point that crossing an invisible boundary can make one an instant felon. There's something incredibly wrong here when that can happen without recourse.

Thank you to everyone so far for your kind help and support.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Signed and verified.
    Thanks for letting me know today. Signed and verified.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Also signed and verified.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure at this point. The plan is to get together with other folks this weekend who are all friends with Pete to discuss how best to help him in this situation. Obviously, he'll need a good defense attorney. If he even has a chance of a plea bargain, an attorney worth his or her salt should be able to do that while hopefully minimizing jail time. The ideal outcome would be an acquittal though.

With regards to the fundraiser, I'm not organizing it but I know the individual who is. I'll speak to him as well about how funds are to be used/disbursed based on outcomes and contingencies. At the very least, I'd expect that money to aid Pete's family should the worst happen in terms of a conviction.

I know many of you don't know who Peter is, but I can assure you, the man is not a criminal. He's just another hard working American and 2A supporter who found himself suffering the consequences of an idiotic decision. And yes, we can all debate until we're blue in the face about New Jersey's contemptible gun laws and what Pete should have or not have done, but the fact of the matter is simple. Our rights as gun owners are constantly being eroded to the point that crossing an invisible boundary can make one an instant felon. There's something incredibly wrong here when that can happen without recourse.

Thank you to everyone so far for your kind help and support.
    Since this happened in NJ his attorney needs to be Evan Nappen period. He has dealt with more of these then anyone else including the high profile ones like Shaneen Allen as well as the woman I mentioned in my last post.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 10th, 2019 at 04:26 PM.

Agreed. Someone needs to communicate this to him. I even thought about sending Evan a note giving him a heads up about the situation earlier so he could possibly reach out to Pete, but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate.

You're right, he needs a NJ lawyer here, not PA.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast