Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: One of our own arrested - please sign the petition!

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Most cop cars are now equipped with dash-cameras so that would capture the rear lights/turn signals.
    I meant something that Joe Citizen would readily have as evidence of his own actions. No way is he getting his hands on LE footage that contradicts the officer's account of the stop.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Traffic laws are so complex It's nearly impossible to obey every law. Cops just have to wait and you will eventually commit the smallest infraction and give then cause to pull you over. License plate light, sticker on rear window, air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Anything.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    You think Murphy will notice? Their are millions of firearm owning NJ resident telling him the same thing. He doesn't care.

Pardon? Don't make me laugh. The best this guy can hope for is to just lose his firearms (and future rights in Pa) and not go to jail. What was he thinking?

And don't down me by saying giving me the constitution motherfucker BS. I don't make or enforce the laws. Just saying how it is.

Send your comments to someone in NJ........they won't care either.
    “Don’t down me”, shit, I don’t even know you but you seem angry with me.

I have zero problem adding names to a petition even if the only benefit is some emotional support for Pete.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    A dash cam might show if a driver crossed the center line. I don't believe too many folks (if any) position a camera so as to capture their vehicle instruments. Of course, even if one could prove the inside indicator was activated, there would likely be an argument that the actual light on the exterior did not function.

If the bulb burnt out, and the driver knew he used the turn signal, this would be easy to verify on the roadside. Also, the turn signal indicator should flash quicker on the dash.

When I got pulled, in a highway speed trap in Florida, I was adamant about doing the posted speed (55 mph). The officer told me to have the speedo checked, and it was verified as defective. Ticket tossed, in court, of course.

Regardless, being mechanical or driver error, something far worse transpired from this stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    If the bulb burnt out, and the driver knew he used the turn signal, this would be easy to verify on the roadside. Also, the turn signal indicator should flash quicker on the dash.

When I got pulled, in a highway speed trap in Florida, I was adamant about doing the posted speed (55 mph). The officer told me to have the speedo checked, and it was verified as defective. Ticket tossed, in court, of course.

Regardless, being mechanical or driver error, something far worse transpired from this stop.
    Understood. I'm trying to think what measures might need to be taken to solidly disprove an officer's (false) justification for the stop with the longshot being: no justification for the stop, everything else is fruit of the poisonous tree.

Of course, when NJ and guns are involved, I could see a judge actually ruling that even if the stop was clearly based on a lie, the case must go forward, because GUNS!

Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I wonder what he was doing with his guns in the PRNJ. Surely he was aware that going there with his weapons was not a good idea?
    This right here. You don't go to the hood and yell racial slurs, no matter if it's protected by the 1a.
    You don't take guns to New Jersey. I find it hard to be outraged over someone elses lapse in judgement.
    Is it right he be deprived of liberty over a protected, enumerated Constitutional right? Of course not. But as been mentioned on this forum many times, what is right and what is legal aren't necessarily the same.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    Signed and verified. I think I took us from 99 to 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    “Don’t down me”, shit, I don’t even know you but you seem angry with me.

I have zero problem adding names to a petition even if the only benefit is some emotional support for Pete.

I didn't mean anything personal towards you. Sorry it seemed that way. It was just convenient you posted the current number for the petition.

My comments were meant to be a general observation for the group that NJ doesn't care.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I didn't mean anything personal towards you. Sorry it seemed that way. It was just convenient you posted the current number for the petition.

My comments were meant to be a general observation for the group that NJ doesn't care.
    No worries. And I think we’re all frustrated by NJ and the national political climate towards gun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    This right here. You don't go to the hood and yell racial slurs, no matter if it's protected by the 1a.
    You don't take guns to New Jersey. I find it hard to be outraged over someone elses lapse in judgement.
    Is it right he be deprived of liberty over a protected, enumerated Constitutional right? Of course not. But as been mentioned on this forum many times, what is right and what is legal aren't necessarily the same.
    you also don't mess around with slim.

this current incident reminded me of this one. not making an connections, it just made me recall it.
    https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...614-story.html
    Last edited by fallenleader; September 14th, 2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forum got wiggy
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Understood. I'm trying to think what measures might need to be taken to solidly disprove an officer's (false) justification for the stop with the longshot being: no justification for the stop, everything else is fruit of the poisonous tree.

Of course, when NJ and guns are involved, I could see a judge actually ruling that even if the stop was clearly based on a lie, the case must go forward, because GUNS!

Yet , we rattle and rail when these same ''legal loopholes'' are used as a defense by someone who is found to be carrying a load of drugs or a dead body.

And what if a few million NJ residents petitioned PA Gov. Wolf to enact stricter laws here? Should he oblige?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast