Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

I spoke about leaving Maryland for some other state. PA was always my go to location because I have 2 sons who live there. One in Conshohocken and the other in Fishtown in Philly.

I've decided that PA is slowly becoming MD North, so it's been crossed off my list. WV, near Martinsburg is now my front runner. I know there are great deals if you look long enough, but this house is what's available for $380k. For once, the wife would consider moving farther away from our grandson than the 1.25 hours that is now our estimated travel time. This house is 3.25 hours away, but she would consider this house.

Unlucky for me, she still has 7 years until she retires. But it gives me hope that we may consider WV in the future.

Here is the listing for the house. Not a bad view and it sits on 6.5 acres too.

https://www.xome.com/homes-for-sale/...5411-314014973

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    I spoke about leaving Maryland for some other state. PA was always my go to location because I have 2 sons who live there. One in Conshohocken and the other in Fishtown in Philly.

I've decided that PA is slowly becoming MD North, so it's been crossed off my list. WV, near Martinsburg is now my front runner. I know there are great deals if you look long enough, but this house is what's available for $380k. For once, the wife would consider moving farther away from our grandson than the 1.25 hours that is now our estimated travel time. This house is 3.25 hours away, but she would consider this house.

Unlucky for me, she still has 7 years until she retires. But it gives me hope that we may consider WV in the future.

Here is the listing for the house. Not a bad view and it sits on 6.5 acres too.

https://www.xome.com/homes-for-sale/...5411-314014973
    Nice place, the Berkeley Springs area seems to be nice, from the times I have traveled thru that area. Far enough from the DC commuter crowd in the more Eastern counties. And... the shortest possible crossing of PRMD to get to PA.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    I think WV is ripe for another shot at a Free State Project.
    My own state...I like it.

Despite being Bernie and Ben & Jerry's home...I just found out Vermont is a Constitutional Carry state. Surprising.

Wonder how they are otherwise.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Despite being Bernie and Ben & Jerry's home...I just found out Vermont is a Constitutional Carry state. Surprising.

The banned hi cap mags a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

They were on of the earliest Constitutional states and on my potential move to list until last year.

Then this happened.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...hlight=Vermont

It would have to be pretty extreme for me to leave based on guns alone. Too much family here. I'd consider WV or OH if those were better options, but if they weren't I would just probably suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    It would have to be pretty extreme for me to leave based on guns alone. Too much family here. I'd consider WV or OH if those were better options, but if they weren't I would just probably suck it up.
    Don't you think it's getting much worse than it was just 5 years ago? I know my out of state permit isn't valid any longer, you also have a Red Flag law now. Now all you need is a ban on any mag larger than 10 rounds and you'll be just like Maryland.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345