Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hazzard County, Maryland
    Age
    58
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    21474839

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    I spoke about leaving Maryland for some other state. PA was always my go to location because I have 2 sons who live there. One in Conshohocken and the other in Fishtown in Philly.

    I've decided that PA is slowly becoming MD North, so it's been crossed off my list. WV, near Martinsburg is now my front runner. I know there are great deals if you look long enough, but this house is what's available for $380k. For once, the wife would consider moving farther away from our grandson than the 1.25 hours that is now our estimated travel time. This house is 3.25 hours away, but she would consider this house.

    Unlucky for me, she still has 7 years until she retires. But it gives me hope that we may consider WV in the future.

    Here is the listing for the house. Not a bad view and it sits on 6.5 acres too.

    https://www.xome.com/homes-for-sale/...5411-314014973

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    I spoke about leaving Maryland for some other state. PA was always my go to location because I have 2 sons who live there. One in Conshohocken and the other in Fishtown in Philly.

    I've decided that PA is slowly becoming MD North, so it's been crossed off my list. WV, near Martinsburg is now my front runner. I know there are great deals if you look long enough, but this house is what's available for $380k. For once, the wife would consider moving farther away from our grandson than the 1.25 hours that is now our estimated travel time. This house is 3.25 hours away, but she would consider this house.

    Unlucky for me, she still has 7 years until she retires. But it gives me hope that we may consider WV in the future.

    Here is the listing for the house. Not a bad view and it sits on 6.5 acres too.

    https://www.xome.com/homes-for-sale/...5411-314014973
    Nice place, the Berkeley Springs area seems to be nice, from the times I have traveled thru that area. Far enough from the DC commuter crowd in the more Eastern counties. And... the shortest possible crossing of PRMD to get to PA.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    I think WV is ripe for another shot at a Free State Project.
    My own state...I like it.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,843
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    Despite being Bernie and Ben & Jerry's home...I just found out Vermont is a Constitutional Carry state. Surprising.

    Wonder how they are otherwise.
    Psalms 73:26

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,720
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Despite being Bernie and Ben & Jerry's home...I just found out Vermont is a Constitutional Carry state. Surprising.

    Wonder how they are otherwise.
    The banned hi cap mags a few years back.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Despite being Bernie and Ben & Jerry's home...I just found out Vermont is a Constitutional Carry state. Surprising.

    Wonder how they are otherwise.
    They were on of the earliest Constitutional states and on my potential move to list until last year.

    Then this happened.

    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...hlight=Vermont
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Out There, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    6424359

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    It would have to be pretty extreme for me to leave based on guns alone. Too much family here. I'd consider WV or OH if those were better options, but if they weren't I would just probably suck it up.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hazzard County, Maryland
    Age
    58
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    21474839

    Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    It would have to be pretty extreme for me to leave based on guns alone. Too much family here. I'd consider WV or OH if those were better options, but if they weren't I would just probably suck it up.
    Don't you think it's getting much worse than it was just 5 years ago? I know my out of state permit isn't valid any longer, you also have a Red Flag law now. Now all you need is a ban on any mag larger than 10 rounds and you'll be just like Maryland.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 25th, 2016, 01:48 AM
  2. CT gun laws extremely successfull
    By comsubin61 in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 13th, 2015, 02:09 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 15th, 2014, 11:02 AM
  4. Moving to NJ. Firearm laws?
    By Solscud007 in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 4th, 2011, 07:42 AM
  5. Restrictive states
    By deputy in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops