Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

I've always considered Texas. I know it's not likely to happen, but if the world goes the way of works of fiction then Texas might end up being the new "land of the free" and their own country.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

Quote Originally Posted by caelum View Post
    Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum.

Hypothetically, if PA gun laws became as awful as New York's or New Jersey's, would you still remain in PA, or would you consider moving? If so, what state would you move to?
    tax would be my primary decision factor. right now the house is paid off and the tax is exorbanent but lower than rent or a mortgage payment.
    if tax stayed high or went higher and they turned PA into NJ, yeah i'd move. if only to escape the lunatics moving in around me.

hell, every now and then I look at moving for just those two reasons alone but it just financially wouldn't be good. i have to expect to walk away from my home, total loss as the value is little and would be entirely consumed by repairs to make it marketable.
    having to buy the new one, the costs incurred from moving, finding job placement. heck i'd have to decide where i moved based on positions available.

montana type nowhere land has always been our dream though.
    far enough away from people that if they come looking for you, you can pick them off from a half mile and not only will no one hear the shot, no one will come looking for them, just lost to the wilderness.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I've always considered Texas. I know it's not likely to happen, but if the world goes the way of works of fiction then Texas might end up being the new "land of the free" and their own country.
    Texas is going blue. Sorry.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

There is a piece of me that regrets not pursuing the opportunity to work at one of the Tennessee nukes when I had a chance, both from a gun law perspective and that I might be out of a job here in 2 years perspective, but I'm not willing to give up the fight yet.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Planning on leaving this state as soon as humanly possible anyway. Heading far far away.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Cambria County)

Liberty, in practice, started in PA. I won't abandon that. Fuck Washington, D.C., I want to reclaim Philadelphia.*

*In a strictly rhetorical sense, of course. I, in no way, advocate, or condone, anything suggesting the shrugging-off of an oppressive government.

(Westmoreland County)

Im only back here until my dad passes away, then down south somewhere i go

(Wayne County)

My arthritis is too bad to run anywhere. I'm not going ANYWHERE!

I've travelled some of the world and a LOT of the US in my younger days and decided that I am right where I am supposed to be in the universe. I moved back here deliberately and for a reason. I LOVE it here, even if here is so close to NYC and NJ. PA is even part of my business logo and business mission statement.

Repeat after me... "You ain't goin'anywhere, Gilbert!"
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    My arthritis is too bad to run anywhere. I'm not going ANYWHERE!

I've travelled some of the world and a LOT of the US in my younger days and decided that I am right where I am supposed to be in the universe. I moved back here deliberately and for a reason. I LOVE it here, even if here is so close to NYC and NJ. PA is even part of my business logo and business mission statement.

Repeat after me... "You ain't goin'anywhere, Gilbert!"
    at least PCP corrals the bulk of those from east willing to travel that far, except some of the richer type vacationers.
    here i am right next to the damn evils, they can practically walk here from the bridge.
    it's like when a river bends and there is that offshoot pool of stale water where all the trash collects, yep that's where i live.
    it's almost classic poconos up in your area, gouldsboro is pretty.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Being a Maryland resident, I had always had hopes of joining my son as a PA resident, but the way things are going, I will instead be looking for some place in WV.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast