Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

Quote Originally Posted by caelum View Post
    Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum.

Hypothetically, if PA gun laws became as awful as New York's or New Jersey's, would you still remain in PA, or would you consider moving? If so, what state would you move to?
    You bet, my wife and I have an agreement that we won't live in a "commie" state. Life is too short to put up with that ----!
    Years ago we were looking to buy a business (dog boarding kennel) we actually found a perfect one, 30 mins outside of Cincy. It had the perfect house, property, kennel size was exactly what we were looking for, the business had been running for a while and had a clientele. price was right.

Only thing - no CCW at the time in Ohio, we passed. For us, concealed carry has been a way of life since the mid 80s, its too important.
    What state to move to is the big question, I don't like extreme hot weather and she doesn't like extreme cold weather, so we have to find something that works for both of us. At this time, Tennessee is actually a state that is looking pretty good, another one is KY.

Time will tell.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Would you ever consider moving out of PA if gun laws became extremely restrictive

If I could; I would.
    --ET

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    You bet, my wife and I have an agreement that we won't live in a "commie" state. Life is too short to put up with that ----!
    Years ago we were looking to buy a business (dog boarding kennel) we actually found a perfect one, 30 mins outside of Cincy. It had the perfect house, property, kennel size was exactly what we were looking for, the business had been running for a while and had a clientele. price was right.

Only thing - no CCW at the time in Ohio, we passed. For us, concealed carry has been a way of life since the mid 80s, its too important.
    What state to move to is the big question, I don't like extreme hot weather and she doesn't like extreme cold weather, so we have to find something that works for both of us. At this time, Tennessee is actually a state that is looking pretty good, another one is KY.

Time will tell.
    I have a timeshare in Tennessee and really like it down there. They do what most of the northeast is unwilling to do: focus state revenue on sales tax and not property tax.

All that aside, I just want to move back to Pennsylvania, and will do so.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I have a timeshare in Tennessee and really like it down there. They do what most of the northeast is unwilling to do: focus state revenue on sales tax and not property tax.

All that aside, I just want to move back to Pennsylvania, and will do so.
    Tennessee also has NO state income tax.

Hell I would move tomorrow just to see and experience a different state. Probably somewhere in the middle of the country, but my wife isn’t going anywhere for a long time. It took a lot to get us here from NJ and she’s not ready to move again even further from her family. I suspect once my kids are done with high school in another 10 years we will move again and possibly to another state but until then here I stay.

(Tioga County)

I guess that is a bridge I would have to cross when it actually happened. I've already lived all over the place when younger and am not too keen on moving again. Traveling fine, but moving no.

If some restrictive gun laws got passed I would imagine most of the state would ignore them as they have in much of New York and such a divide might provoke some thought about splitting from the SE corner of the state.

Best thing I can say is stay politically active and keep buying more guns.

Yes, I'm looking at houses in WV as we speak. I could live in Ohio, WV, or PA where I work.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    What happens if the next state you run away to violates your rights with unconstitutional "laws"? Sell your house and spend a bunch of money moving again? Keep running until you run out of states? I'm not moving.

Good points.I'll be looking to get out of here in a few years anyhow as I am sick of living in the northeast.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Wife refuses to move because “ all my family lives here”. Now, it is becoming ,” all my family is buried here, except for the ones that moved away.”
    I’m close to offering to dig them up and return them in a new state.

(Wyoming County)

Yes I would CONSIDER it. Where to? Well right off the bat, I'm from Ohio by birth, and all of my family lives there, so that's a possibility. W.V. high on the list, as are Kentucky & Tenn.

While there are others that really appeal to me like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, not sure I could handle their winters. Hell PA winters seem to get harder every year
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast