Well, my wife just completed her 30th year of service to a large private university in Baltimore, and thus qualified for the max. retirement package, so now we are leaving that urban paradise! I am so, so happy I could..well... something.

I agreed to relocate to her home region, Western Pennsylvania, (where her daddy was a steel worker at a rather large facility called the Homestead Works, on the south side of the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area), and so we are currently prepping our over-priced Baltimore-Washington Corridor house for sale, right now. God, I can't wait!!! I hate, hate, hate living here. I've lived all over the US, and only moved up to MD from Atlanta in 2012 when we got married, so that she could finish out her time on the job to make the retirement formula.

We are looking to moving to maybe Allegheny County, Westmoreland County or Butler County, or someplace like that. I've considered Beaver County, as well... Also, I have looked at extreme eastern Ohio (Ohio River Valley) if the taxes/laws might favor that, but I don't want to live in farmland. I want the topography! We'll see.

I've lived in PA before, for about a year, in 2004-2005, when I was a flight instructor in York. I loved flying over the mountains to Altoona and State College, etc. I'm really looking forward to living in the hills and valleys in the western region!

That being said, I never understood the township vs. city vs. county thing, but I'll figure it out. I'm currently looking at the property tax structure as well. And I already know what "yinz" means and what "hunky-cakes" are. I have found it somewhat problematic, however, that so many people in PA have yet to come to the realization that the Dallas Cowboys are, truly, in fact, America's Team. I'll see what I can do about that.

Looking forward to the forum...yeah, ba-by!

-Jabberwocky