Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Guns, ammunition, bombs and mortars found in Montgomery County home

https://6abc.com/guns-ammunition-bom...-home/5519469/

LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. (WPVI) -- Authorities spent the better part of Thursday evening clearing out enough weapons to carry out a small scale war.

The owner's intent is not clear, but authorities say he's now being checked out at a psychiatric ward.

Authorities descended on the home in the 400 block of Houston Road in Lower Gwynedd Township.

The home, neighbors say, belongs to a Vietnam vet who apparently had a penchant for collecting weapons.

From Chopper 6, authorities could be seen carrying out dozens of rifles, boxes of ammunition and even an array of bombs and mortars - much to the shock of neighbors.

"Very scary. Now I have a little bit more anxiety, to be honest with you. Thank God they're getting all that out of the house," said Brian Kelly.

"I was watching them carry out rifle after rifle, machine guns, some that look like a mortar," said another neighbor, Bill Kasencher.

Authorities set up tables to catalogue all the material removed from the home. One of their SUVs was stuffed with rifles they removed, cases and cases of ammo and even a couple of swords.

Irma Bewley says, "He's always been a strange man...just kinda keeps to himself."

"We're kind of not surprised," said Kasencher. "The guy was a little bit off and he was always mean to the kids. He had claimed our backyard was his property so there was always something puzzling about him."

"Those are some heavy-duty explosives there," said neighbor Rebecca Wiegner. "I'm glad they found them before something happened."

The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms assisted Montgomery County officials and the Montgomery County Bomb Squad.

There was no word on if the homeowner would be charged.

A few miles from me. As usual, everyone over reacts before any facts are known. The firearms and ammo could be perfectly legal. And the other stuff could be inert or replica, not unusual for a military collector. Enough weapons to carry out a small scale war? (They haven't seen my safes.) Of course the neighbors are idiots. Heavy duty explosives? A machine gun? How the fuck does she know.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Guns, ammunition, bombs and mortars found in Montgomery County home

(Lehigh County)

Already posted in another thread...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Already posted in another thread...
    In before the close!