Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default RMC Accusporter Flintlock

I traded a couple of old blackpowder guns I had lying around for an RMC Accusporter a few weeks back. I have been more than impressed with the quality of the gun and how well it shoots. 3 shot groups at 50 yards hovered in the 1 - 2" range. Shot a few groups at 100 and they opened up a bit (more me than the gun). The lock time is insanely fast, and the gun has a removable breech plug that makes cleaning incredibly easy. The barrel has a 1 in 28 twist so you're limited to shooting with bullets only, no patched round ball.

They load that I've been using is 90gr FF, Hornady .452 240gr XTP Mag, and a Rib Crusher sabot.

Also +1 for them because the guns are made locally in Bellefonte PA, with L&R locks and Green Mountain barrels.

If you're in the market for a new flintlock, I would absolutely recommend checking them out. A new one will run you $800. If you're looking for a more traditional flintlock, this won't be your cup of tea.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: RMC Accusporter Flintlock

I have two cheap Tradition flintlocks that easy shoot 1" to 2" groups @ fifty yards with balls. I don't know about 100 yards, I need a scope now to shoot close groups at 100 yards. I use French flints and rarely have a misfire. Pissing away $500 (I got both of mine new under $300) is definitely not my cup of tea. I have used Green Mountain barrels for high power rifles and they are very good and one of the least expensive barrels out there. What makes these guns cost so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    I have two cheap Tradition flintlocks that easy shoot 1" to 2" groups @ fifty yards with balls. I don't know about 100 yards, I need a scope now to shoot close groups at 100 yards. I use French flints and rarely have a misfire. Pissing away $500 (I got both of mine new under $300) is definitely not my cup of tea. I have used Green Mountain barrels for high power rifles and they are very good and one of the least expensive barrels out there. What makes these guns cost so much?
    It pretty much comes down to having all of the bells and whistles. The L&R locks are known to be high quality, removable breech plug, green mountain barrel, hand assembled(in the USA)etc... it all adds up.

(Carbon County)

"Known to be high quality". Name some bad ones. I have watched YOU TUBE videos of guys constantly having misfires with "Name brand" and expensive rifles. You want to pay to be cool, go for it.

(Centre County)

I'll spend more money to buy something made in the U.S. with U.S. made parts. Sure you can get a Traditions or a Lyman for cheaper, but you're not paying an American to make it, and the parts are not as high quality.

(Carbon County)

True, there is a lot of plastic on a Traditions, but I have no problem with their barrels and locks. They are not Chinese junk. American made? I have been in machining and gun repair over 40 years and know a little about that. I picked up a new stripped Marlin 336 receiver to re-barrel with a 32-40 barrel I had that was over 100 years old. The threads did not match up. Take a guess which part had the out of spec threads? I can remember when Mossberg was looked down on as "Cheap", and a few other brands made in America. I have no knowledge of this new outfit's locks, but their choice of barrels is good. I will say again that I have used Green Mountain barrels a few times with very good results.